NGD: PRS SE P20E Tonare Parlor

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Got myself one of these small acoustic guitars. And I'm in love with it.

The size is so convenient, when sitting on the couch, taking it with me, or playing it on stage.

The neck is fabulous, plays so easy, much better than my much more expensive J45.

And while it doesn't have the body sound and depth of a regular acoustic, it really sounds great on its own, with sparkle and enough volume.

For the price it's a steal. And it also looks good (IMO)!

IMG_2231.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve become quite the PRS fan over the past decade or so, they’re so consistently good all around. I’ve yet to try one of the acoustics, though. I need to do that! Congrats Alex!

Congratulations Alex.
Parlor guitars are great.
I remember trying some of Chris Larkin's parlor guitars and they were much louder than you would expect.
I like the quality of the PRS SE geetars.
I've got an SE AE50
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/acoustics/model/se_a50e
Plays great, looks great, finish is absolutely perfect.
I showed it to a couple of luthiers and they were all surprised by the quality.

• Love
Reactions: yek
Congrats Yek, i want to get one of this, PRS SE acoustic are amazing, I recently had to let go of my 2003 Angelus and a Strat as a trade deal, now is a great opportunity (excuse) to get a SE Parlor.

Reactions: yek
Twinsies! "Santa" put one under the tree for me. It really is incredible value for the money.

The new PRS contact tuner is also GREAT! USB rechargeable which has been my biggest gripe with these contact tuners thus far. No more 2023 batteries.

1615424391536.png

@yek I also have a String Swing setup sitting here waiting for me to work up the courage to afix it to the wall.

Haha, yes, it does take courage, hanging your precious axes on a thin piece of metal. I like the system though. In hindsight I would have chosen a different color than white.

Haha, yes, it does take courage, hanging your precious axes on a thin piece of metal. I like the system though. In hindsight I would have chosen a different color than white.
I went with the copper colour. I'm nervous about getting the three lengths lined up and hung straight. Also drilling through them so the holes line up with the studs. I'm not terribly handy.

I went with the copper colour. I'm nervous about getting the three lengths lined up and hung straight. Also drilling through them so the holes line up with the studs. I'm not terribly handy.
As someone that has worked as a carpenter, buy a stud finder, it takes the guess work out. Once you find the stud just go slow and double check all your measurements before you drill.

Parlor guitars are underrated. Friendly, comfortable and convenient, and the good ones sound great. Turns out you don't need boom to make a guitar sound good. :)

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull, an excellent acoustic player who is also underrated as such, has gigged a parlor guitar for pretty much his entire 50+-year career. The parlor's voice was just made for a full band mix.

One of the tuner pegs was faulty, couldn't keep the tension. I contacted PRS and they sent me a replacement which I received within a couple of days. Great support, kudos to them.

Back
Top Bottom