NGD - PRS McCarty 594

My 594's neck is a little thicker than my other guitars, but it's still only like half as thick as a Jackson PC1 neck. Those things are like someone sawed the top 3rd off a maple baseball bat and pressed in frets. That said, I love them, as I do my 594 neck.
Do you have calipers? Iirc the PC1 is 1” somewhere along the way, and the 594 should be around that at 12th. I’d wager it’s the shoulders on the PC1 making it feel way bigger.

Congratulations for the purchase!

What tonal differences do you find between the McCarty 594 single-cut and the double-cut?

I have my eyes on the new SE McCarty 594. I am leaning towards the single-cut, but I would like to know
I haven't done a back to back, but I found them pretty interchangeable in a live setting (silent stage, fractals, IEMs), even the S2 vs the core isn't a huge change in tone. I like the DC a bit more since they are lighter and I feel less old after a 3 hours on stage with one.

Do you have calipers? Iirc the PC1 is 1” somewhere along the way, and the 594 should be around that at 12th. I’d wager it’s the shoulders on the PC1 making it feel way bigger.
I don't have a PC1, but I've played 3 different ones. But yeah, I found it's the shape more than the back to front thickness itself that makes them feel so girthy.

Thats a really nice color scheme and was one of my leading contenders before deciding on my 594 DC (Orange Tiger)

I frankly did not notice the neck size at all, it is as comfortable as my LP (asymmetric neck/compound radius) or my ASAT classic (thick'ish). The jumbo frets however? yup those are VERY noticeable and do need some adjusting to.

Tonally it is a polite version of a Les Paul tone and more similar tonally in weight and body to my 24 fret LP DC than it is to a LP standard directly. It is a workmanlike guitar but has nothing in the way of a signature sound per se.. but a solid useable tone nevertheless, and the SC'ish split coil makes it perhaps a more versatile guitar than many.

A really great guitar all around, just not for someone looking for THAT LP tone..

Thats a really nice color scheme and was one of my leading contenders before deciding on my 594 DC (Orange Tiger)

I frankly did not notice the neck size at all, it is as comfortable as my LP (asymmetric neck/compound radius) or my ASAT classic (thick'ish). The jumbo frets however? yup those are VERY noticeable and do need some adjusting to.

Tonally it is a polite version of a Les Paul tone and more similar tonally in weight and body to my 24 fret LP DC than it is to a LP standard directly. It is a workmanlike guitar but has nothing in the way of a signature sound per se.. but a solid useable tone nevertheless, and the SC'ish split coil makes it perhaps a more versatile guitar than many.

A really great guitar all around, just not for someone looking for THAT LP tone..
That finish sounds cool, have a pic?

love these, maybe we need a 594 thread! Instagram has figured out I'll scroll forever if they just keep showing me guitars like these.

Can someone who has one of these 594's, give me an idea of what the neck profile is like. I'm very sensitive to the neck width and profile/depth of guitars. A soft 'V' boatneck is ideal for me.

What the hell does 'pattern vintage' mean?!
https://support.prsguitars.com/hc/en-us/articles/5841437925659-Neck-Profiles

lighter

My 594's neck is a little thicker than my other guitars, but it's still only like half as thick as a Jackson PC1 neck. Those things are like someone sawed the top 3rd off a maple baseball bat and pressed in frets. That said, I love them, as I do my 594 neck.
My PC1 neck is .83” at the first fret. My 594 is .88” at the first fret. Very different shapes though. The PC1 is a D shape with noticeable shoulders. The 594 is an Asymmetrical C shape. The PC1 feels bigger because of the shape. The 594 fits the hand very comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom