NGD - PRS McCarty 594

very nice. The 594 is one of the only models ive never owned. It intrigues me but the LP control layout never did a thing for me. Undeniable how good they sound.

maybe it's a stupid question but... do you feel any sonic difference given by the different body shape?
I haven't actively listened for it between the 2 cores yet (haven't played them back to back) so I can't say but I assume there would be. The blue/purple one definitely has a different tone (acoustically) than the greenish S2. Both of the cores are super pronounced when playing unplugged in comparison to any of my other guitars (including the s2) . But I've never done any scientific-ish testing of that like having someone play both while I am blindfolded or anything.

I have a clip of a semi-hollow 594 sc a/b’d with the doublecut solidbody version and they were very close in sound.

OP knows what he likes!

Shush, I'm the one who sold it. I'm feeling more than a little remorse regret. It is mint. Sounds killer too. I'm trying to forget her... My Suhr!
She is mint, the blue one was not as well taken care of (has a lot of good size knicks and buckle rash but I'm fine with that as I play my guitars) and I paid the same exact amount for it, so you gave me a deal no doubt. We can always set up visitation if you are down this way in the future.

Can someone who has one of these 594's, give me an idea of what the neck profile is like. I'm very sensitive to the neck width and profile/depth of guitars. A soft 'V' boatneck is ideal for me.

What the hell does 'pattern vintage' mean?!

Can someone who has one of these 594's, give me an idea of what the neck profile is like. I'm very sensitive to the neck width and profile/depth of guitars. A soft 'V' boatneck is ideal for me.

What the hell does 'pattern vintage' mean?!
Paul’s way of saying 50’s fat. If you want specs wildwood, wild west, etc list depth at nut and 12th fret along with nut width.

A 594 has bigger frets than say a Gibson LP standard which will change how it feels.

Paul’s way of saying 50’s fat. If you want specs wildwood, wild west, etc list depth at nut and 12th fret along with nut width.

A 594 has bigger frets than say a Gibson LP standard which will change how it feels.
Funny, I know the necks are said to be thicker, but they definitely don't feel huge to me. My Fender JA-90's (tele's with a les paul spec) feel bigger, as does the neck on my S2 594 vs the core.

Funny, I know the necks are said to be thicker, but they definitely don't feel huge to me. My Fender JA-90's (tele's with a les paul spec) feel bigger, as does the neck on my S2 594 vs the core.
They will drift within the tolerances dictated by PRS. They are definitely the thickest neck PRS makes to my knowledge (a Marsden may be thicker?)

Congratulations for the purchase!

What tonal differences do you find between the McCarty 594 single-cut and the double-cut?

I have my eyes on the new SE McCarty 594. I am leaning towards the single-cut, but I would like to know

My 594's neck is a little thicker than my other guitars, but it's still only like half as thick as a Jackson PC1 neck. Those things are like someone sawed the top 3rd off a maple baseball bat and pressed in frets. That said, I love them, as I do my 594 neck.

Back
Top Bottom