NGD PRS McCarty 594 P90

Jirai

Inspired
I like P90s, especially for creamy Blues lines and jazzy stuff. For this purpose I bought 2 years ago an Epiphone Les Paul special, but it was an extremely cheap guitar and consequently the playability was so bad, that I hardly touched it.
A few weeks ago I discovered this beauty and though I was quite interested, I decided to let it go. I had spent recently so much money for gear, that I thought it's time for a break.
But the guitar was on sale and a part inside me started nagging me and argued so persistently over the advantages and possibilities, that I eventually surrendered.
The colour is called "Tobacco Burst", which surprised me. I don't like "Tobacco Burst" very much, because it's most of the times too dark for me. When I look at that guitar, my association is "honey" and not "tobacco". But who cares about names...
Since last year I get more and more PRSified and the competition between the guitars for playing time is meanwhile really tough.
Life is good.PRS McCarty 594 P90 I.jpgPRS McCarty 594 P90b II.jpgPRS Menage a trois.jpg

Those 594 P90 Limited Edition guitars are awesome... the most authentic to early Gibson P90 tone I have ever found. I think they were really wise to use the Antiquity P90 in them, rather than just winding their own. It makes a huge difference apparently, as this is the only P90 guitar I’ve kept and used of the many I’ve bought, looking for that old LP Jr sound. Mine is a black single cutaway model, and it’s a really nice guitar in every aspect.

Like you, little by little my PRS guitars have earned their way into “first grab” status on all the electric gigs. I still own others by Gibson, Fender, Carvin, EBMM, etc, but the guitars from Maryland are winning the use wars pretty handily.

Congrats on yours!

Those 594 P90 Limited Edition guitars are awesome... the most authentic to early Gibson P90 tone I have ever found. I think they were really wise to use the Antiquity P90 in them, rather than just winding their own. It makes a huge difference apparently, as this is the only P90 guitar I’ve kept and used of the many I’ve bought, looking for that old LP Jr sound. Mine is a black single cutaway model, and it’s a really nice guitar in every aspect.

Like you, little by little my PRS guitars have earned their way into “first grab” status on all the electric gigs. I still own others by Gibson, Fender, Carvin, EBMM, etc, but the guitars from Maryland are winning the use wars pretty handily.

Congrats on yours!
That's interesting information about the pickups. I didn't know that before, but I certainly like the sound of them!

Back
Top Bottom