NGD. PRS DW

I know this sounds silly, but I've had so much bad luck with guitars where the strings stick in the nut, that, if I want a hard tail, I prefer to block the bridge on a double locking guitar rather than use a fixed bridge.
Totally get it. A real floyd is actually a great quality bridge. And if you block it, it is functionally a great quality fixed bridge.

At a certain point in my life, I needed to differentiate what I could potentially do, from what I am actually likely to do. Reality is, on a floyd guitar, if I break a string, that guitar will sit unplayed for years - actual years because I will be too lazy to restring it. I am bad enough with fixed bridge guitars, the bit of extra effort to restring a floyd would literally mean it sits and gathers dust.

Bit of a tangent, I still might eventually buy one of those. I have a thing these days for maple boards, especially without fret markers, but honestly the black birds look really cool. I have other PRS guitars (P24 and an S2 Custom 22) so I am pretty confident that it would generally be a keeper, the floyd is the only hesitation for reasons stated above.

That's a beauty for sure. I really like the maple fingerboard. 👍 My Custom 24 SE model (with a Floyd) got me hooked on PRS guitars. I have four now but all are SE models...I play inexpensive guitars into the best modeler on the market.

Back
Top Bottom