NGD: PRS Cu24 artist pkg

Budda

Axe-Master
After a bit of a wait, my Nik Huber is off to a new home (along with some funds). This was a kijiji deal and it went quite well.

2017 artist package custom 24:
  • "black gold" finish
  • hybrid hardware
  • outline birds (anyone know the technical term?)
  • maple neck (wide-thin)
  • ebony fretboard

PXL_20210911_162757530.jpg

PXL_20210911_180054806.jpg

Whole thing is stunning, but the back of that neck...wow.

Of the 3 maple necks that were available (artist pkg sc594 braz, 2021 WL pauls guitar with roasted maple neck) this was the best looking and most affordable. Gonna plug it into the 3 shortly!

Edit: since all my core models currently have 85/15's, here's an A/B/C clip:

Last edited:
@Budda GD buddy! that is a killer looking guitar. Jealous indeed. The back of the neck tho!!! dyyaaaam just tasty all around. Its one of those guitars you're not sure to hang up on wall as art or have on a stand to play.

Last edited:
Tempted to try 9's but raise the action a little bit and see how that pans out.
Will probably switch to the same Stringjoy 9-46 set that is on my other guitars when the 10s need changing. Been ok playing the 10s, though, so the setup must be incredibly good on both of my new ones....

Will probably switch to the same Stringjoy 9-46 set that is on my other guitars when the 10s need changing. Been ok playing the 10s, though, so the setup must be incredibly good on both of my new ones....

My MC594 has 10-46 and my SC594 SH LTD has 9-46 and both play quite well. The SC had a tech visit, the MC has not.

Oddly Leon had no influence on this.

In my defence, the one was a steal (and a really great instrument) which I sold for a profit. I keep checking for such a deal to repeat haha.
T'was humor. ;)

The one that arrived here yesterday was a good deal, too. The salesman I talked to said the photog at Eddie's Guitars lost the hang tag during the photo shoot, so they couldn't sell it as new. He suggested registering the guitar with PRS for the warrantee. Got a good deal for a 10 top.... :)

Back
Top Bottom