NGD: PRS Cu24 artist pkg

My MC594 has 10-46 and my SC594 SH LTD has 9-46 and both play quite well. The SC had a tech visit, the MC has not.
Doesn't take much to change string gauge from 10-46 to 9-46. Maybe a twist or two of a few of the saddle screws to adjust the intonation a smidge. Maybe, just maybe, a little looser on the truss rod if the change in tension affects the neck at all.

BTW, what does "hybrid hardware" denote? Is it the silver/gold finish melange on the parts? Hobbes (the one that arrived yesterday) has the gold buttons on the tuners, and silver/gold slugs on the Narrow-Field pickups....

Doesn't take much to change string gauge from 10-46 to 9-46. Maybe a twist or two of a few of the saddle screws to adjust the intonation a smidge. Maybe, just maybe, a little looser on the truss rod if the change in tension affects the neck at all.

BTW, what does "hybrid hardware" denote? Is it the silver/gold finish melange on the parts? Hobbes (the one that arrived yesterday) has the gold buttons on the tuners, and silver/gold slugs on the Narrow-Field pickups....

The string change itself is easy. Im hoping the trem doesnt really care haha. I dont have a space to set the guitar down to work on it. Got some other questions for my guy as well.

And yes hybrid hardware is the nickel/gold combo.

Edit: yeah they even do the strap pins:

PXL_20210912_003938508.jpg

Outline birds:

PXL_20210912_003954605.jpg

Last edited:
The string change itself is easy. Im hoping the trem doesnt really care haha. I dont have a space to set the guitar down to work on it. Got some other questions for my guy as well.

And yes hybrid hardware is the nickel/gold combo.

Edit: yeah they even do the strap pins:

View attachment 88488

Outline birds:

View attachment 88489
Looks like Hobbes is set up with hybrid, then. Both Hobbes and Adele have the outline birds.

I need to find a luthier on this side of town. The last guy I took my guitars to for things I can't do myself is way up in Scottsdale, almost an hour even in light traffic. The trem will likely need a small adjustment, too, as it directly interfaces the string tension and counters it with spring tension. Likely loosening the trem claw screws a little is all it will need, but it is a repetative process to balance the tension: adjust a smidgen, retune, repeat until trem height is right. Until last week, I spread a towel on the dining room table to work on my guitars. Finally juggled stuff to free up the small Ikea table....

Very nice. I'll join in the chorus of people that love the neck.

I think we got a lot of nice artist package guitars in Canada during the CITES era since they tend to use ebony on the artist specs instead of rosewood which made it cheaper/easier to get them across the border.

Very nice. I'll join in the chorus of people that love the neck.

I think we got a lot of nice artist package guitars in Canada during the CITES era since they tend to use ebony on the artist specs instead of rosewood which made it cheaper/easier to get them across the border.

Im wondering where all the rosewood neck ones have ended up. I think I've seen 2 or 3 for sale in the last few years (one was a McRosie under $3k - hindsight and all that).

12th fret has a consignment WL cu22 rosewood neck/korina body, but the finish is meh.

Huh. Turns out the strings on this little feller were toast. Just put new 10-46 on and it is much louder acoustically! A little brighter plugged in.

Good times.

Back
Top Bottom