NGD - PRS CE

Congrats man. That looks really nice, I hadn't seen close ups of that model before. What is the back of the neck finish? +10 for that switch position. I have the custom 24 with floyd and the switch is below-behind the knobs. Real F*&^$%# PITA to get at.

Congrats man. That looks really nice, I hadn't seen close ups of that model before. What is the back of the neck finish? +10 for that switch position. I have the custom 24 with floyd and the switch is below-behind the knobs. Real F*&^$%# PITA to get at.

Thanks man- having a ball with this thing. The back of the neck is just "natural" satin finish - more or less like the rest of the body. Very smooth. Yes - I wonder why more guitars with floating bridges don't have the controls laid out a bit differently. Seems to make sense.
I think the pickups and the neck are my favorite things about it. The neck might be slightly thinner than a pattern thin, but not as thin as like a wizard neck. I love PRS necks - they just feel like home to me - this one especially. The pickups are Mojotone tomahawks. Which I am loving. They definitely want to scream - I've had to dial back some gain and bass on a few of my patches. They have Great clarity and punch.

What model is this one?

I'd like a Floyd but only seen the Dusty Waring model, which is about $600 more than the standard CE, I think.

What model is this one?

I'd like a Floyd but only seen the Dusty Waring model, which is about $600 more than the standard CE, I think.

Yes! - this is the Dustie Waring model...
It actually wasn't much on my radar because of the price ( $2500) - I wanted a Floyd type bridge - so I was looking more at Ibanez and Charvel because they were much cheaper but still nice instruments. I called my guy at sweetwater and was asking him about this CE - and he said that it was pretty popular and there was a waiting list and that there were a few coming in, and the next shipment was coming in Oct/Nov. So I told him to go ahead and put me on the list since I could cancel if I decided I didn't it want it, or couldn't afford it when it came in.
He called me about 2 weeks after and said they got a couple in, and one of them came with a blemish. And asked if I was interested - he sent me a few pictures of it. The blemish is a tiny half inch scratch on the back of the body which I could probably buff out if I wanted. He ended up giving it to me for 1800. I couldn't pass that up for a USA made PRS. Very glad I did.

Yes! - this is the Dustie Waring model...
It actually wasn't much on my radar because of the price ( $2500) - I wanted a Floyd type bridge - so I was looking more at Ibanez and Charvel because they were much cheaper but still nice instruments. I called my guy at sweetwater and was asking him about this CE - and he said that it was pretty popular and there was a waiting list and that there were a few coming in, and the next shipment was coming in Oct/Nov. So I told him to go ahead and put me on the list since I could cancel if I decided I didn't it want it, or couldn't afford it when it came in.
He called me about 2 weeks after and said they got a couple in, and one of them came with a blemish. And asked if I was interested - he sent me a few pictures of it. The blemish is a tiny half inch scratch on the back of the body which I could probably buff out if I wanted. He ended up giving it to me for 1800. I couldn't pass that up for a USA made PRS. Very glad I did.
Sweet deal!

I just got one used. The pickups on this thing are delicious. I don’t even play metal. The cleans and crunch are lovely and unique.

I just got one used. The pickups on this thing are delicious. I don’t even play metal. The cleans and crunch are lovely and unique.

Wow time flies - I didn't realize I have had this for a year already !
yes - the pickups are amazing - they truly can do any type of music - I'm still enjoying the hell out of this guitar !

Back
Top Bottom