NGD: partscaster

Budda

Axe-Master
New to me MJT/?? partscaster in one of my favourite finishes.

attachments-1.jpgattachments.jpg
PXL_20210813_002633895.jpg

Specs:
  • MJT light/med relic (heavy chequing light wear)
  • Unknown builder 22 fret neck, fairly flat and figured, 94-100 C
  • Suhr ML pickups
  • Callaham bridge with brass block
  • kluson tuners
  • gigbag

Taking it to my tech for 10-46, float the trem and proper once-over. Initial impressions are good, but at 8lbs Im considering a slightly less beefy neck lol (allparts 85-95 like my jazzmaster). I think once it's got the 10's on it I'll have a better idea of what it can do.

Your 'A' intonation bolt has fallen out. Nice guitar what are the parts?
My guess looking is:
Kluson tuners, Callaham bridge, Lollar pickups, Hosco body and possibly the neck too.

Your 'A' intonation bolt has fallen out. Nice guitar what are the parts?
My guess looking is:
Kluson tuners, Callaham bridge, Lollar pickups, Hosco body and possibly the neck too.
Kluson tuners, callaham bridge, suhr ML's, MJT body and the neck wasn't signed so myself and the seller don't know who made it. I listed the parts in the OP as well. The A intonation bolt is installed, you can see it in the basement pic.

Kluson tuners, callaham bridge, suhr ML's, MJT body and the neck wasn't signed so myself and the seller don't know who made it. I listed the parts in the OP as well. The A intonation bolt is installed, you can see it in the basement pic.
Didn't read the post I just looked at the pictures sorry. I'd put money on that as a Hosco body that MJT painted.

Everybody does things a little different, the forearm contour, the radius transitions, the radius in the square edges of the neck joint . Even the shape . These differences add up to a signature that I get used to seeing and it is extremely rare for two builders to look exactly the same.
Hosco bodies are very good and make the beginning of many quality builds. With an alder CNC body finished to their standard all that matters is how well the other parts fit as the finish is by someone else anyway. I am seeing their stuff more and more.

Everybody does things a little different, the forearm contour, the radius transitions, the radius in the square edges of the neck joint . Even the shape . These differences add up to a signature that I get used to seeing and it is extremely rare for two builders to look exactly the same.
Hosco bodies are very good and make the beginning of many quality builds. With an alder CNC body finished to their standard all that matters is how well the other parts fit as the finish is by someone else anyway. I am seeing their stuff more and more.

They are a brand I didn't here of until this week in my partscasters thread. I'm glad they are reputable! Do you know if they stamp their neck pockets?

I have asked my tech to check for any branding on the neck pocket when he takes the neck off.

No mark at all but they are very nice . The only issue is the neck pocket is more like 56mm than 55.5mm. They make the Allparts necks too and sell the exact same ones without the brand for less money.

No mark at all but they are very nice . The only issue is the neck pocket is more like 56mm than 55.5mm. They make the Allparts necks too and sell the exact same ones without the brand for less money.
I know the neck isn't stamped but don't know about the body just yet. Sounds like you're probably right about being Hosco then!

If it came from MJT, then you'll likely love it.
I have (at least 4) bodies from them....and 2 necks.
They're some of my favorite guitars. (my full MJT tele is my go-to gig guitar...out of my 40+)

If it came from MJT, then you'll likely love it.
I have (at least 4) bodies from them....and 2 necks.
They're some of my favorite guitars. (my full MJT tele is my go-to gig guitar...out of my 40+)

Yeah, I have a little MJT experience thanks to some shop-ordered jazzmasters (I'm on #2).

Tech confirmed MJT branding on the body and no marking on the heel of the neck. He says it is a pretty nice guitar and I look forward to picking it up tonight!

Doesn't he ink stamp anything he paints? I always meant a Hosco body painted by MJT , sorry if that wasn't clear.

Doesn't he ink stamp anything he paints? I always meant a Hosco body painted by MJT , sorry if that wasn't clear.

Yes that's my assumption here. If/when I list it (lol) I'll clarify that to the best of my knowledge it is a Hosco neck and body (seller didnt have any info besides mjt paint).

Back
Top Bottom