NGD - my first Suhr!

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I literally just pulled the trigger on this guitar. I've never spent anywhere near this much money on an instrument... It's a beauty and if it sounds/plays as good as it looks then I'll be very happy :D

I've been watching this listing for almost a year. The shop had a 20% off sale that didn't include this guitar but I asked and managed to get close to that discount.

That coincided with getting a serious promotion at work a couple days ago and a nice refund on my tax returns that was done today.

Now the waiting begins ;)

Suhr Eddie's Guitars Exclusive Roasted Modern - Trans Purple
https://reverb.com/item/21128866-su...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=211288661582442306758.jpeg

Congrats! That is an absolutely beautiful guitar. The finish is stunning.

Now, just don't do what I did when I got my first Anderson...

Wow! :hearteyes:
Suhr gear is really top of the range!
and I had a good experience with their customer support
(only for a few tips on adjusting the neck, and the purchase of some spare parts)
I love mine to death!
Happy playing.

That colour is super pretty. And roasted maple: so nice.

I am super curious to see how you get along with it over the next month. I still think about that Suhr Strat. I loved holding it. It fit so nicely. But man I could not get right with the way it sounded plugged in. I probably could have wrestled with pickups and got it there, but the trade came along and that worked well for me. But was it ever nice in the ergonics department. Just perfectly sculpted and the neck shape was amazingly comfortable.

Blah. Now all I can think is I have to get my taxes done. :p

That colour is super pretty. And roasted maple: so nice.

I am super curious to see how you get along with it over the next month. I still think about that Suhr Strat. I loved holding it. It fit so nicely. But man I could not get right with the way it sounded plugged in. I probably could have wrestled with pickups and got it there, but the trade came along and that worked well for me. But was it ever nice in the ergonics department. Just perfectly sculpted and the neck shape was amazingly comfortable.

Blah. Now all I can think is I have to get my taxes done. :p
Thanks... I am mostly an HSS guy, but you can't get really get an HSS Modem unless you go custom order and to get the specs like this one on a custom is a much bigger chunk of cash.

And I spend a lot of time on the neck pickup... So it's definitely a calculated risk on my part.

But the music I've been working on for the last 8 months or so is all instrumental and I'm thinking this might get me there as well or better than what I've been using.

Time will tell, I guess. I'll post more once it's in hand!

Edit:

And yes, that roasted neck sealed it for me. So pleasing to look at!

They feel amazing in your hand, too. No finish, super smooth, tight grain.
I'm sure I will like that!

Most of my guitars have very minimal clear finish, but it's great. The DK-24 I have is a "caramelized" maple (not sure how that is different from roasted?) with no discernable finish on it and that is amazing to play on.

I'm almost afraid to ask... Did you drop it?
Nope. Let's just say it was only a start. I actually bought two more over the next couple years, one of which I sold when I came to the conclusion that I'm strictly a Floyd Rose kinda guy when I use a whammy. The vintage tremolo was fine and stayed in tune for most things, but I'm so used to the way a Floyd feels I just never fully bonded with it.

Oh, my first one is the one in my avatar. And Suhr is still on my wishlist at some point. I went Anderson first because I found that blue one used with pretty close to the specs I was looking for in a Suhr or Anderson.

I don’t own a Suhr, but a roasted maple neck I do have. I’ll never select anything other in future guitars. The consistent low friction of the bare neck is unbeatable.
I have a roasted maple on my Warmoth, and I have one in the box and a slab of Mahogany that a friend is going to turn into a guitar for me sometime soon. I used to gravitate toward the darker exotic woods that didn't need a finish, but once I tried the roasted maple I was hooked.

Thanks... I am mostly an HSS guy, but you can't get really get an HSS Modem unless you go custom order and to get the specs like this one on a custom is a much bigger chunk of cash.

And I spend a lot of time on the neck pickup... So it's definitely a calculated risk on my part.

But the music I've been working on for the last 8 months or so is all instrumental and I'm thinking this might get me there as well or better than what I've been using.

Time will tell, I guess. I'll post more once it's in hand!

Edit:

And yes, that roasted neck sealed it for me. So pleasing to look at!
You might consider a series/parallel switch for the neck. The parallel sound gets you a brighter, punchier tone that may help assuage the need for a single coil neck pickup. If the tone pot is not already a pull pot, you could swap one in, and it would be an 'invisible' mod. My SE24 has these switches, and the neck 'bucker, located where it is with the 24 fret neck, sounds fantastic with either mode, but is especially nice in parallel mode....

Back
Top Bottom