NGD: My first Suhr (feel like a kid in a candy store today)

Johan Allard

Power User
Yes, here it is, feel like a kid in a candy store today. Got this baby that was conceived in 2007 delivered to my door today and spent most of the day playing it. It's really great. Got a ding next to the tone knob but doesn't bother me at all, just adds character really.

IMG_3196_zpsd9b5a6a8.jpg

IMG_3198_zps168f9134.jpg

IMG_3199_zpsd954f4a8.jpg

IMG_3200_zpsfa9cc654.jpg

IMG_3201_zps2a214926.jpg

congratulations, what a beautiful guitar, also love the golden fretboard dots, nice detail!!
havnt ever had the chance to play a suhr yet, but defintly want to,
cheers and i wish you lots of fun playing your new axe

Any dings on a guitar are a customisation! ;)

Congrats! I would love to get my hands on one also, but haven't had a chance. The last guitar that blew me away was a PRS Studio, so am currently saving. However, a good Suhr (not sure if there is any other kind, judging by their rep) would tempt me.

Shoreline Gold? VERY nice! A favorite of mine and it's on my list. No doubt a magical player. I know that feeling well. Good luck with it.

That is a spectacular guitar! Two of the best days of my life was the first time I got laid and the first time I played my first Suhr. Enjoy!

Sweet.

Love Suhr Guitars. Own 2, a classic and an S4. They have pretty much ruined me for playing anything else.

You got the stainless steel frets?

No, unfortunately it's not stainless steel frets, but they are still very nice. Almost no fret wear but I'll probably get stainless steel when it's time to replace!

I'll have my first rehearsal with the band tomorrow after getting it. Can't wait to have proper play at decent volume :)

Nice one. Have a classic ash, maple fretboard (2-tone sb) and a modern. Killer guitars.

I kept my strat and Yamaha guitars, but i've sold my MM Luke III and i think my LP is leaving home soon too.
Thinking about getting a Suhr tele. But a friend of mine is building me a tele within a couple of months, so we'll see.

I like the Shoreline Gold for sure. What pup's is on there? V60 or ML? I love both the ML and Aldrich. Both my Suhrs has them.

Nice one. Have a classic ash, maple fretboard (2-tone sb) and a modern. Killer guitars.

I kept my strat and Yamaha guitars, but i've sold my MM Luke III and i think my LP is leaving home soon too.
Thinking about getting a Suhr tele. But a friend of mine is building me a tele within a couple of months, so we'll see.

I like the Shoreline Gold for sure. What pup's is on there? V60 or ML? I love both the ML and Aldrich. Both my Suhrs has them.

It’s got V60’s and a SSV Humbucker. I’ve fitted my Les Paul with a set of Aldrich’s so I think this will be a very nice addition with something that's a little bit different. And yeah, love the Shoreline Gold. Pictures doesn’t do it justice!

Thinking about a Tele as well now, and played a PRS 408 yesterday that was really nice… Hmmm, well, not this month 8)

I have looked at a 408 too. Nice guitars. How does those sound? Never tried one.

From what I could tell it sounded really good. I was at a guitar store seeing if I could help downsize the other guitar player in my band’s rig (zero chance of him going Fractal, or even Line 6 or anything like that) and we where looking and comparing and playing through a H&K Tubemeister 18 and 36 so very “hi fidelity” tones, so hard to get a complete picture. I really liked the 408 though, both the humbucker and the coil splitted sound was really, really nice and spanky. I also really liked that the coil splitted sound was at the same volume as the humbucker one’s, something I think the 408 is pretty unique at? It seems that this is a guitar that could sort of do it all if needed and from the 30 minutes or so I had with it I would not hesitate to buy one… in maybe a couple of weeks :)

I just got home from a 4h rehearsal with the band and I played my new Suhr all the way through. I loved it. Felt, looked and sounded awesome. Previously I’ve leaned towards Friedman BE for a lot of songs and I found myself playing a AC-20 preset on a few songs I haven’t done before, so definitely some more tweaking now for next rehearsal.

Last edited:
Congrats. Love the look but I love gold strats anyway. I'm a long time Tom Anderson fan but I picked up a carve top Modern last fall and love it. Both shops build great guitars, just different flavors. Have fun!

Shoreline Gold is full of win! Great looker. A Suhr in HH or HSS will be my next guitar for sure. Congrats, and play it so much you put a few more dings on her.

Grax Johan!! that Gold finish looks awesome!!! ebony fretboard? i ask because looks pretty dark.

Man i can't wait to the other month my first Suhr guitar will arrive!!! that G.A.S

Grax again

Grax Johan!! that Gold finish looks awesome!!! ebony fretboard? i ask because looks pretty dark.

Man i can't wait to the other month my first Suhr guitar will arrive!!! that G.A.S

Grax again

The fretboard is actually Indian Rose wood, and yeah, I do love the finish on it :)

Picture update, I installed a Tronical tuner on my Suhr today:

IMG_3214_zpsd96d5904.jpg

IMG_3216_zpsbcd4d694.jpg

IMG_3217_zps06c6a970.jpg

I love this thing. I have one installed one my Les Paul as well and it's just so super convenient.

The only thing I've been thinking of now is possibly to change the two single coil pickups for noiseless pickups. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom