NGD - McCarty 594 Artist

Unfortunately the wildfire situation in Washington state is making the outdoor light here pretty orange so I haven't been able to get any good outdoor photos of it. Here is an indoor flash pic of the top.

prs_top.jpg

The flame on it really 'swims' as the light moves angle across it. I did a short video that shows the effect. (I'm not good at the youtubes and the quality ended up much worse than what was shot.)

I also forgot to mention the case that is built like a tank and is actually heavier than the guitar. It's also almost too pretty to take out. I need a case for my case basically.

case_1.jpg
case_2.jpg

Last edited:
In real life though, I'd be kind of self-conscious with a guitar that gorgeous and ostentatious I think.
Maybe my self-esteem is lacking, or something.
Sure is amazing looking.
Yup. Amazing looking, but way out of my league. Kinda like dating a movie star. I can dream of it, but can't imagine it ever actually happening IRL....

Funny how we are conditioned from birth to accept that we will never be good enough for or deserving of anything nice, innit? 🤔

Yup. Amazing looking, but way out of my league. Kinda like dating a movie star. I can dream of it, but can't imagine it ever actually happening IRL....

Funny how we are conditioned from birth to accept that we will never be good enough for or deserving of anything nice, innit? 🤔
Leaving aside the fact that I have absolutely no business spending anywhere near that much on pretty much anything short of a car or a new roof, both of which I'll avoid for as long as possible...

What I think is weird is that we're conditioned to want Stuff, and Stuff, and More Stuff. Got an Axe III? Must need a $12k guitar to go with.

Last edited:
Leaving aside the fact that I have absolutely no business spending anywhere near that much on pretty much anything short of a car or a new roof, both of which I'll avoid for as long as possible...

What I think is weird is that we're conditioned to want Stuff, and Stuff, and More Stuff. Got an Axe III? Must need a $12k guitar to go with.
The extreme spread in 'value' relative to an imaginary standard (money) is interesting, too. The raw materials are virtually the same. Extra time in fit & finish, obviously, but even that doesn't account for all of the price difference between my very nice SE Standard 24 with a couple key upgrades, and this $12k guitar. Luxury is about exclusion more than actial value, it seems....

The extreme spread in 'value' relative to an imaginary standard (money) is interesting, too. The raw materials are virtually the same. Extra time in fit & finish, obviously, but even that doesn't account for all of the price difference between my very nice SE Standard 24 with a couple key upgrades, and this $12k guitar. Luxury is about exclusion more than actial value, it seems....
It's always about what the market will bear, and some folks have their decimal points aligned differently than others, for instance than me.

I'm certainly not complaining, Axe III users forfeit that option completely, and I'm enormously grateful for about a million other things about my life too. Still, the way wealth gets allocated in the modem world is highly defective IMO.

And those who can pay $12k for a guitar will, so those exist, then us mortals get to drool vicariously.

Back
Top Bottom