NGD - McCarty 594 Artist

Hellbat

Fractal Fanatic
I've never been able to bond with a Les Paul feel wise, but I love the sound. Double cut guitars feel much better to me, but I still want something that gives me that LP kind of sound. I just traded in my Charvel limited edition Orange sparkle (Dreamsicle?) pro-mod for this guy. (I'm currently in one-in, one-out mode or I would have kept the Charvel.) I'll try to get some better photos under better light, but for now it's time to play!

PRS_594.jpg

PRS_back.jpg

Very nice! Pretty distinct piece of mahogany there.
Yeah it was the front that first caught my eye, but the back was just as nice. I love that it's natural and not dyed.

This guitar and the factory So Many Roads preset have kept me playing all afternoon.

I've never been able to bond with a Les Paul feel wise, but I love the sound. Double cut guitars feel much better to me, but I still want something that gives me that LP kind of sound. I just traded in my Charvel limited edition Orange sparkle (Dreamsicle?) pro-mod for this guy. (I'm currently in one-in, one-out mode or I would have kept the Charvel.) I'll try to get some better photos under better light, but for now it's time to play!

View attachment 72677

View attachment 72678
The charvele's color is called sunrise orange flake if i'm not mistaken. I had one.

Last edited:
Back to the subject of your 594...

That’s a stunningly beautiful guitar! Congrats!

How is the feel and tone?

Tone is great so far, pickups are on the lower side output wise but they have a great balance and sound good split as well. Feel is good too. I think I’ll probably switch out the 10’s with a 9-46 hybrid set as I like them thin and play fairly lightly.

The neck is a fatty, closest I’ve played to it is a Jackson PC1. The asymmetric carve is awesome. I was nervous I might not gel with it but within 5 minutes it felt like home. It seems to follow the ‘web’ of my thumb and index finger perfectly.

I'm not a huge fan of PRs Nor Les Pauls. I do have one witch is a 2013 DGT and don't have the fat neck but I'm more of a super strat person myself. I had a McCarty before but can't get in to fat necks.IMG_0615.PNG

Last edited:
Tone is great so far, pickups are on the lower side output wise but they have a great balance and sound good split as well. Feel is good too. I think I’ll probably switch out the 10’s with a 9-46 hybrid set as I like them thin and play fairly lightly.

The neck is a fatty, closest I’ve played to it is a Jackson PC1. The asymmetric carve is awesome. I was nervous I might not gel with it but within 5 minutes it felt like home. It seems to follow the ‘web’ of my thumb and index finger perfectly.
Looks really nice!

I switched to 9.5's on mine, didn't require a neck adjustment. It's a slightly large neck, but I have a Kotzen Tele, so by comparison, everything else seems like a wizard profile. As you said, really comfortable...couldn't be happier with mine.

I have my 594 now for 2 weeks and I am completely excited. It's much lighter than my Les Paul and the handling/playability is incredible. And for the first time I really like and use the split sounds.
This guitar I could squeeze in my little studio, but from now on I have to sell a guitar in order to buy a new one. That's not just due to the lack of space, but also because I think, it doesn't make sense to keep a guitar, which I haven't touched in months and is only collecting dust.

I have my 594 now for 2 weeks and I am completely excited. It's much lighter than my Les Paul and the handling/playability is incredible. And for the first time I really like and use the split sounds.
This guitar I could squeeze in my little studio, but from now on I have to sell a guitar in order to buy a new one. That's not just due to the lack of space, but also because I think, it doesn't make sense to keep a guitar, which I haven't touched in months and is only collecting dust.

Yeah, I flipped one to get this one. I just don’t have the space and since I don’t foresee gigging in my near future I don’t want to start damaging them as I try to navigate around them. I have a couple more guitars (cheapies) that I don’t ever play to get rid of I think.

I've never been able to bond with a Les Paul feel wise, but I love the sound. Double cut guitars feel much better to me, but I still want something that gives me that LP kind of sound. I just traded in my Charvel limited edition Orange sparkle (Dreamsicle?) pro-mod for this guy. (I'm currently in one-in, one-out mode or I would have kept the Charvel.) I'll try to get some better photos under better light, but for now it's time to play

Oh man! I hate you! (I don't really, just love your guitar!!)

Hope you get many good miles out of it! :)

Back
Top Bottom