NGD Larry's Larrivee D-40R Rosewood/Alpine Moon Spruce Acoustic

redhedded1

Experienced
Guitar - Natural Satin Dreadnought, my first, the highest end acoustic I've ever owned except maybe a standard vintage Gibson J-45. This sounds full and mellow. Time to build some major hand strength in my grip for barre across multiple strings up and down the neck. I will be taking it over to the local music shop to get a LR Baggs pickup installed sometime soon. Gotta go get some real calluses and woodshed...

IMG_1716.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1717.JPG
    IMG_1717.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
I am picking it up tomorrow with a LR Baggs pickup installed. It sounds phenomenal, I tried one on a similar guitar. I went that route since it is less invasive and sounds great, at least the way my local guitar shop owner knows how to put them in. I'll post pics in case anyone is interested. (and we all post pics of our babies, lol) ✌🏼

Love the grain on the back and sides. Very uniform. The top is nice too. Looks like an all around well built instrument. Nice find.👍

With the LR Baggs M1 Active... I was going to install the Anthem system and was talked out of it by a guy with 52 years experience in the music retail business and as a player himself. I am glad I listened to him. I just wanted to get a sound that really sounded like an acoustic guitar to me. I plugged this in when I and was completely blown away man... it not only sounds like an acoustic, it sounds like this acoustic guitar.

https://www.lrbaggs.com/acoustic-guitar-pickup-systems/m1-series

IMG_1762.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
With the LR Baggs M1 Active... I was going to install the Anthem system and was talked out of it by a guy with 52 years experience in the music retail business and as a player himself. I am glad I listened to him. I just wanted to get a sound that really sounded like an acoustic guitar to me. I plugged this in when I and was completely blown away man... it not only sounds like an acoustic, it sounds like this acoustic guitar.

https://www.lrbaggs.com/acoustic-guitar-pickup-systems/m1-series
Totally agree. I don’t have a ton of acoustic electrification experience. I have used/tried various under the saddle piezo ribbon deals and never can deal with the issues that imparts. I used and have the Baggs iBeam system in one guitar. Combined with the Baggs Para DI was better, but similar issues. (mid range weirdness) With the latest sound hole pickup technology it seems to be the best way get an authentic amplified acoustic sound.

Also, I hate to see beautiful guitars cut up to install onboard preamp and EQ. My one acoustic has beautiful solid, figured Koa back and sides. Could never bring myself to have a piece cut out of it. Thanks for the link. I haven’t checked out acoustic pickup tech lately and see there’s some new interesting ideas.

Back
Top Bottom