NGD- Korina, Korina...

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Hi all - thought I would share my excitement - just got delivered today a new Epiphone Korina flying V !
I have to say, its set up pretty good right out of the box and plays really nice. I wasn't really sure what to expect from the Korina or the blackwood finger board -but I think its a great combination. The sound is bright and has a nice midrange to it. The only thing thats a little hard for me to get used to is the playing position. Its a little different than the rest of my guitars. I would also say the Gibson could take a few lessons from little brother- I looked over it for a good 20 minutes before I even played it. The fit and finish is really quite amazing for a guitar in this price point. Really happy with it so far ! Heres a few pics -

IMG_0467.JPG IMG_0468.JPG IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0472.JPG IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0477.JPG

Is this the new Joe Bonamassa Flying V? I’ve never been a fan of this style of guitar but after reading about this one I’ve been very tempted to pull the trigger.

Is this the new Joe Bonamassa Flying V? I’ve never been a fan of this style of guitar but after reading about this one I’ve been very tempted to pull the trigger.

Yes ! it is the new JB replica of his 1958. A flying V was never much on my radar either - I always thought they were cool though. I like the style of it because its a little more vintage looking...At 900 bones - you can't beat it. Really impressed with the fret work on it and has a really nice smooth tone - which sounds amazing through the soldano model in the axe!

Back
Top Bottom