NGD - Kiesel VX6

That thing is sick.
Let me know how that trem is!

Ahh... the trem... It really is a nice unit... very smooth, seems to hold tune very well... But... I still need to figure out how to keep the trem arm from getting loose so easily. There is a set screw, but the arm is loose again after a couple of spins after tightening the set screw. I haven't had much time to mess with it, but others have reported having the same issue. Even so, I put it through some abuse and it's not like the arm came out during use, but it can be pulled out a bit too easily. There's a thread about it over at the Kiesel BBS.

Otherwise, it's one hell of a guitar!

I've been using it's predecessor the HH2 (Holdsworth Headless) for several years now and it's still my #1, Mahogany body & neck, SS frets (including the zero fret), Ebony fingerboard, real MOP inlays (not the fake plastic junk so many companies use now-a-days).

120180b_zpse4085265.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I've been curious of Keisel guitars, I prefer locking trems FR, wasn't aware their trem arm can't stay put, I like my trem arms tight and having the arm go loose would drive me nuts.

IMG_4766.JPG I got mine 3 days ago! Black limba body and neck, ebony fingerboard, SS frets! It plays like a dream! No problem so far with the tremolo! How do you like the lithium pickups? They are on the bright side but I guess I like them! They clean well and the tone pot has a very wide range. Overall, a great guitar!

Last edited:
View attachment 39390 I got mine 3 days ago! Black limba body and neck, ebony fingerboard, SS frets! It plays like a dream! No problem so far with the tremolo! How do you like the lithium pickups? They are on the bright side but I guess I like them! They clean well and the tone pot has a very wide range. Overall, a great guitar!

Black limba body and neck on mine too, just with an ash top with the black RTF. The pickups are a bit bright, yeah, but only really notice it on single note stuff on higher gain patches, cleans are well balanced in middle position. I've been playing too much to worry about tweaking patches yet, need to calm some of the bright but don't think I'll need new patches for this guitar. Great guitar indeed!

Back
Top Bottom