NGD It Suhr is a nice one

Rich5150

Experienced
Horrible pun lol, I bought this last week and thanks to UPS delays I didn't get it till yesterday. I was planning on getting another PRS at the EXP this week but that was cancelled and I really couldn't find anything that caught my eye and was different enough from what I already had, I have always wanted a Suhr though and this just popped out at me ( Eddie's Guitars exclusive run) and its a smokin guitar and @ just over 6lbs with the roasted Swamp Ash back and that crazy Roasted neck it is the lightest guitar I own and it was setup perfectly out of the box. Enough babbling here's some pics

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

Dang, that is a beauty! The top and neck woods are very nice. 6 pounds is crazy lightweight. Is this one chambered? Which pickups are in it?

Beautiful!

Did you transaction with Eddie's occur over the phone or online?

I bought mine from them recently and was very underwhelmed by their customer service... I had literally no communication from them after making the purchase on Reverb.

When I let them know of a problem I was having their response was literally "I'm sure Suhr will take care of you"

Beautiful!

Did you transaction with Eddie's occur over the phone or online?

I bought mine from them recently and was very underwhelmed by their customer service... I had literally no communication from them after making the purchase on Reverb.

When I let them know of a problem I was having their response was literally "I'm sure Suhr will take care of you"

Thanks, Did you get yours sorted out yet?

Yea I heard about the nightmare customer service from them and it was actually putting me off for a little bit. I ended up just biting the bullet though, And I purchased it through reverb and it arrived with no issues except for a UPS shipping delay which wasn't there fault so I was happy.

I have a dealer that I get my PRS's from up in CT and they are top notch guys and always a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks, Did you get yours sorted out yet?

Yea I heard about the nightmare customer service from them and it was actually putting me off for a little bit. I ended up just biting the bullet though, And I purchased it through reverb and it arrived with no issues except for a UPS shipping delay which wasn't there fault so I was happy.

I have a dealer that I get my PRS's from up in CT and they are top notch guys and always a pleasure to deal with.
It's been shipped to Suhr several weeks ago... No updates yet.

I like that the top on that guitar matches the back of the neck of the PRS in the first pic. Seriously tasty.

Not chambered surprisingly, SSV neck and SSH+ in the bridge

How do you like the SSH+? I'm looking at building a guitar with swamp ash and can't decide on the pickup choice. I've heard swamp ash is particular about pickups. In particular, JBs don't jive with them that well.

How do you like the SSH+? I'm looking at building a guitar with swamp ash and can't decide on the pickup choice. I've heard swamp ash is particular about pickups. In particular, JBs don't jive with them that well.

It works really well in the Swamp Ash, Its a little hotter @17k than I would normally use but Im getting used to it I haven't really picked up anything else since I got it.
The description of it on the site is dead on though

"A true high output humbucker, the SSH+ covers a broad musical base with musicality, punch, authority, and tone. The pickup exhibits excellent harmonic content, lots of midrange and a focused low end. Well suited for classic rock or metal."

IMO you really can't go wrong with putting one in.

Horrible pun lol, I bought this last week and thanks to UPS delays I didn't get it till yesterday. I was planning on getting another PRS at the EXP this week but that was cancelled and I really couldn't find anything that caught my eye and was different enough from what I already had, I have always wanted a Suhr though and this just popped out at me ( Eddie's Guitars exclusive run) and its a smokin guitar and @ just over 6lbs with the roasted Swamp Ash back and that crazy Roasted neck it is the lightest guitar I own and it was setup perfectly out of the box. Enough babbling here's some pics

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01276.jpg
Gorgeous!

Interesting bridge on it. Suhr usually comes with Gotoh systems. Do you know why the change?

Beautiful guitar, congrats!

Interesting bridge on it. Suhr usually comes with Gotoh systems. Do you know why the change?

Beautiful guitar, congrats!

Its a direct replacement for the Gotoh that usually comes on them, But its made by Wilkinson and has locking saddles for a bit more tuning stability and it works. IDK if there going to make it standard on all new Suhr's as of now it comes stock on the Pete Thorn's and dealer runs i guess if they specify it.

Here is Pete describing it better than i can LOL

Back
Top Bottom