NGD : Harley Benton CST-24T

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Harley Benton guitars, Thomann's Musikstore brand, are incredible bang for the buck instruments. I already had a Les Paul and a Tele, and wanted a PRS copy to add to my collection. The CST-24T is considered by many to be the best Harley Benton for the money, at around 220 euros !

These instruments usually benefits from a few upgrades, so this one will receive a pair of Seymour Duncan pickups, JB in bridge and 59 in neck. A classic combo but this is new for me, I've always been a DiMarzio user. I won't use the vibrato so I tightened the springs to prevent the bridge from moving.
No setup flaws on this one, I used it on stock settings and strings on the first video, and with my usual D'Addario strings in the second one. I just wish the blue was a little lighter :)
I'm now, at the other end of the spectrum, waiting for a custom Tom Anderson :cool:

Congratulations, @fremen !

I think you'll like the JB and 59. They speak many languages very well. ;)

And there's something about blue finishes. It seems you have to spend a lot of money to get one that's not so color-saturated that it obscures the wood underneath. Even on otherwise excellent guitars.

Thanks Rex ! Blue is indeed my favorite color for guitar, although the HB is a little too dark for me. The ideal shade of blue for me would be that one :
ZDQwYzlhNmQwYTcwYWJkNWEyNDc0OTc2MTExMzllODgSMDbXGWnz6s4asClH58c-aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNmNiNDIxY2Y0YTY2N2M4ZjFjYTg0OWM0ZjRmOTM3Y2UzODk3MTQzMWI5NmNmZWUzY2NiNmFiN2QxYWMwNWJlZC5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

The Tom Anderson I ordered will look like this one, but with a Floyd :
01-15-15A_f_Nat-Arctic-Blue-Br_NAMM.jpg

Hah! You and I must have traded eyes at birth. That Ibby truly is the perfect shade of blue.

Back
Top Bottom