NGD Godin A12

richb

Inspired
im still on the "honeymoon", but this plays beautifully. It sounds a bit thin acoustically, but I bought it for live performance and plugged in, it delivers. Also, I'm just shocked at how well it stays in tune. It was shipped tuned down 1/2 step, and it was almost perfectly in tune. I tuned it up to standard E, and played for 20 minutes before I had to tune one of the B strings. I played it for 45 minutes without retuning. Remarkable. image.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that a Multiac? I love my Godins..(think I have more of them than any other single brand, even the bizarre fretless 11- string they make..still haven’t figured that one out yet./.)

Is that a Multiac? I love my Godins..(think I have more of them than any other single brand, even the bizarre fretless 11- string they make..still haven’t figured that one out yet./.)

I have owned a nylon string Multiac in the past and always regretted selling it. I think Godins are a great value.
No. The A12 does not have the MIDI port. Just the 1/4" out. It really sounds great plugged in. Add some Chorus or Pitch Detune and it REALLY chimes.
Sadly, for my bandmates, I'm going to do that thing where I start suggesting nothing but "12-string" songs to play! HA!

I have always been interested in the Godin Multiacs...this thread and the one on the Turner Model 1 the other day has me thinking it is time to start saving for a few of my "bucket list" guitars.

I picked up a black Godtin Multiac nylon for live use....GREAT guitar. Plays wonderfully. No feedback. Sounds wonderful. I used it for Sting songs like Fragile, Englishman in NY, and Shape of my Heart. Perfect.

I borrowed a GR-55 from a friend to mess with the synth stuff - fun, but really not my thing.

Yup. Nylon Multiac Duet Ambience here. Great guitar. Getting a custom acoustic made though, so I might be selling mine.

Very nice guitar. Godin guitars are great. Great playing and sounding, especially in a live setting

Had a Godin A6 Ultra a few years back. Still regret selling.

I picked up a black Godtin Multiac nylon for live use....GREAT guitar. Plays wonderfully. No feedback. Sounds wonderful. I used it for Sting songs like Fragile, Englishman in NY, and Shape of my Heart. Perfect.

I borrowed a GR-55 from a friend to mess with the synth stuff - fun, but really not my thing.

Yeah, same with me. The GR-55 has some cool stuff, but it wasn't for me either.

Back
Top Bottom