NGD: Ernie Ball Music Man Luke III

I own/have owned several great guitars. This one feels like it was made exactly for me and the way I play. It feels more comfortable and natural than anything I've played in the past. The action is low and and the pickups sound incredible. I've never liked any of the floating tremolo systems on my guitars...I can't seem to keep them in tune even after professional setups. For this reason, I exclusively use stop-tail bridges. This tremelo, however, is amazing. I have put it through some extreme EVH-type maneuvers and it doesn't go out of tune; I've never experienced this before.

What more can I say, this guitar has probably edged out my PRS 408 as my number one.

IMG_2377.jpgIMG_2378.jpg

Good for you! My Majesty edged out my PRS Custom 24. One thing I don't like though is the saddles. They're just flat, round cylinders, without any type of "slot" for the strings to pass over, and maintain their position (other than tension.) Had an initial problem (due to that design, I believe) with high e breakage, but I resolved it with some abrasive wire. When I restring the guitar, I have to physically set the string in the center before pulling it up to its final pitch.
Yours looks to have slots in them, but when zooming in the pic, it looks like the e & b are not in them. They're definitely off-center. Not picking your guitar apart, just noting a problem I had.
And when I went from stop-tail guitars to trem-based, I noticed when you do any bend, the rest of the guitar goes slightly flat. It's just the physics of the trem springs. So I had to adjust how I do unison bends. You'll need to bend the other string also, just slightly, to keep them in tune.
Glad your trem returns to tune. That's hugely important. I have to use Nut Sauce at the nut to keep mine in tune.
EBMM makes killer guitars, and even though mine had a minor issue, I've never bonded with a guitar like this one. My Gibson LP & 2 PRS get no play any more. I love it that much. I bet you will too!

I own/have owned several great guitars. This one feels like it was made exactly for me and the way I play. It feels more comfortable and natural than anything I've played in the past. The action is low and and the pickups sound incredible. I've never liked any of the floating tremolo systems on my guitars...I can't seem to keep them in tune even after professional setups. For this reason, I exclusively use stop-tail bridges. This tremelo, however, is amazing. I have put it through some extreme EVH-type maneuvers and it doesn't go out of tune; I've never experienced this before.

What more can I say, this guitar has probably edged out my PRS 408 as my number one.

View attachment 86833View attachment 86834
Noice!

Thanks for your replies! Evidently, it's a Sweetwater exclusive. the color is called Eclipse Sparkle and it has an alder body, roasted maple neck and ebony fingerboard. The roasted neck is the best neck I've ever played. It looked great from the pictures, but I was elated when I played it. If you get a chance, do yourselves a favor and try one. Now I'm spoiled and my other guitars will have to take a back seat. If you want any more information, feel free to pm me as well.

Good for you! My Majesty edged out my PRS Custom 24. One thing I don't like though is the saddles. They're just flat, round cylinders, without any type of "slot" for the strings to pass over, and maintain their position (other than tension.) Had an initial problem (due to that design, I believe) with high e breakage, but I resolved it with some abrasive wire. When I restring the guitar, I have to physically set the string in the center before pulling it up to its final pitch.
Yours looks to have slots in them, but when zooming in the pic, it looks like the e & b are not in them. They're definitely off-center. Not picking your guitar apart, just noting a problem I had.
And when I went from stop-tail guitars to trem-based, I noticed when you do any bend, the rest of the guitar goes slightly flat. It's just the physics of the trem springs. So I had to adjust how I do unison bends. You'll need to bend the other string also, just slightly, to keep them in tune.
Glad your trem returns to tune. That's hugely important. I have to use Nut Sauce at the nut to keep mine in tune.
EBMM makes killer guitars, and even though mine had a minor issue, I've never bonded with a guitar like this one. My Gibson LP & 2 PRS get no play any more. I love it that much. I bet you will too!
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform me of this! So far, so good on mine. I use nut sauce as well, but not on this one yet. I agree about bonding with the guitar...I'm so happy I decided to try an Ernie Ball. I have a nice LP and 2 PRS guitars as well, but this one just plays better and sounds fantastic. Thanks again.

looks great. I have the same guitar, the HSS version And they are beautiful. Mine seems to go out of tune fairly easily However. Have you decked the tremolo or is it floating? are you using 9s as shipped?

looks great. I have the same guitar, the HSS version And they are beautiful. Mine seems to go out of tune fairly easily However. Have you decked the tremolo or is it floating? are you using 9s as shipped?
Mine is floating and I still use 9s. Our other guitarist uses a Floyd Rose and was amazed when he put my guitar through various whammy exercises and it was still in tune. No such luck with his Floyd. Sorry you're having issues with yours. All I do is stretch my strings and use nut sauce.

id check the floating angle and the nut slots.

Back
Top Bottom