NGD: Epiphone Alex Lifeson LP

Those seem as rare as hen’s teeth. I can’t figure out why they don’t make another run or three of these guitars. Happy NGD!

I figured they were trickling them out. OP says his from Jan 2022, and that's way after the ones from last year. It always seems like I saw them coming in waves on Reverb for example, and the last ones I saw for sale, really weren't much over retail.

I figured they were trickling them out. OP says his from Jan 2022, and that's way after the ones from last year. It always seems like I saw them coming in waves on Reverb for example, and the last ones I saw for sale, really weren't much over retail.
I bought mine off of Ebay from a Japanese seller because Sweetwater contacted me and told me they had to cancel my order because Epiphone told them they didn't have any to send them and were discontinuing the model.

Could have sworn I read the Alex Lifeson model was an Axxess and was chambered. Hmmmm....I could easily be wrong. /shrug

Either way, I'd still take one if the price was right. I've always wanted a Gibby LP, and one with a recessed FR is just the bees knees.
Yep, the Lifeson is an Axcess, but the non Lifeson ones are the chambered ones. Alex wanted his sig model solid and he got it. :)

Don’t know for sure about the Epis.

Yep, the Lifeson is an Axcess, but the non Lifeson ones are the chambered ones. Alex wanted his sig model solid and he got it. :)

Don’t know for sure about the Epis.
It feels pretty solid for having the routes already for the ghost system, battery, Floyd Rose, control cavity, and switching.

I can't imagine how many more cavities they would route into it without it feeling like a ES semi hollow LP.

Cool, what town?

I lived in Tucson then later Scottsdale for many years. If I come thru sometime (likely not summer), I'll look you up!

I think Dale also lives in the valley of the sun, yes?
Yes. Out in goat-roper/bush-popper territory - San Tan Valley....

I am looking at the same. How is tuning stability and how is the trem?
Once you get the strings stretched out, it is as stable as my other Floyd Rose guitars.

I may end up upgrading the tuners to locking ones though, so I don't have to lock down the nut. I have that setup on one of my guitars and it is stable and allows me to throw it into different tunings quickly.

Reactions: Ole
Those seem as rare as hen’s teeth. I can’t figure out why they don’t make another run or three of these guitars. Happy NGD!

There was a load suddenly appeared for sale in shops in the UK a few months back.
I was thinking about getting one then they all got sold, there was one on eBay the other week

Back
Top Bottom