NGD Custom Emerald Steampunk Carbon Fiber Electric

All right, I'm totally in love.

I've been playing Parkers for 20 years because they're light, rigid, beautiful (yes, I love the look) and were lightyears ahead of anything.

This makes me drool.

But how does it sound? How about a clip - or five? I wonder about the alumitones in there and how the whole composite carbon fiber/aluminum pickups comes out? Care to enlighten us?

I have started dialing in tones, but I just updated from v13 to v18 last night. I'm hoping to have some demos up on Monday-ish.

Very nice, Sidivan. Now I know why it"s taking Alistair 4 months to complete an acoustic 12-string I ordered! I think it was thanks to you and your wife's Flow bass on the forum that I got introduced to Emerald. What great instruments, I own a Rainsong 6-string and thought a CF would make a great 12, can't wait to receive. Congrats on your new acquisition!

Very nice, Sidivan. Now I know why it"s taking Alistair 4 months to complete an acoustic 12-string I ordered! [emoji1] I think it was thanks to you and your wife's Flow bass on the forum that I got introduced to Emerald. What great instruments, I own a Rainsong 6-string and thought a CF would make a great 12, can't wait to receive. Congrats on your new acquisition!

It's true! I've pretty much absorbed all of Alistair's time with build, so he's a bit behind on custom stuff. You're going to love the 12 string!

9 months - 1 & 1/2 years is normal for a build, in my experience. And that guitar is a particularly special build.

It'll have its own page on the Emerald Guitars site soon. I like to keep my Facebook profile pretty private. I made an exception for this album just so I could share it here.

See... I really like Alumitones. Very nice. Would love to hear some clean and crunch tones (full and split).

How does it sit (from an ergonomic standpoint) on the right leg?

And, is it in the same relative position as sitting when standing? That's something I love about the Klein-inspired Forshage Orion.

See... I really like Alumitones. Very nice. Would love to hear some clean and crunch tones (full and split).

How does it sit (from an ergonomic standpoint) on the right leg?

And, is it in the same relative position as sitting when standing? That's something I love about the Klein-inspired Forshage Orion.

I don't quite have the clean and crunch tones dialed in yet, but definitely will be done soon. I miscommunicated with Alistair on the wiring, so the coil tap isn't wired. Initially I had a tone knob that was a push/pull for coil tap, but I ixnay'd the knob and he thought I no longer wanted the tap. Not a big deal because I have a killswitch that I will likely re-wire as a coil tap as the wires are still there.

It sits well on both legs and maintains the position when I stand. It's really strange how your eyes can play tricks on your playing. I've had 2 people tell me "it's too small to play" or "my fingers are too wide for this guitar" because it feels tiny. However, the scale length is 26" - 25", so it's actually longer than the Les Paul one of those guys plays. The guitar itself is about the size of a guitar hero controller and almost as light!

I've contacted Alistair. I'd love something similar (maybe without the complex design, for as marvelous as it is, yours deserves to remain one of a kind).

LP wiring with individual coil taps would be a nice feature, or even just one master tone control, depending on space requirements.

That scale would work great for me. When you have time, I think we'd all love to hear more demos of the tones.

I don't quite have the clean and crunch tones dialed in yet, but definitely will be done soon. I miscommunicated with Alistair on the wiring, so the coil tap isn't wired. Initially I had a tone knob that was a push/pull for coil tap, but I ixnay'd the knob and he thought I no longer wanted the tap. Not a big deal because I have a killswitch that I will likely re-wire as a coil tap as the wires are still there.

It sits well on both legs and maintains the position when I stand. It's really strange how your eyes can play tricks on your playing. I've had 2 people tell me "it's too small to play" or "my fingers are too wide for this guitar" because it feels tiny. However, the scale length is 26" - 25", so it's actually longer than the Les Paul one of those guys plays. The guitar itself is about the size of a guitar hero controller and almost as light!

I recently acquired an X30 7-string 2nd hand and have determined their will be more Emerald's in my future. I have a number of Steinbergers so all carbon fibre and electric is a desirable combination and getting rid of the neck joint is the best feature of the EBMM Majesty i have. That guitar is sensational and the gears are awesome. I wonder if they'd do something based off my favorite GS though. Sounds like Emerald was really open to your input.

Back
Top Bottom