NGD - Collings City Limits

iPhone photos in daylight are pretty good for correct colour rendition . Better than most DSLRs due to the corrective software . It's getting hard to justify owning an actual camera and I used to be a Photographer as a day job.
Samsung s10e here, undoubtedly less trusty than an iThing, but I'm allergic to Apple, and not a pro photographer.

Besides of which I didn't take any of the pics in this thread :)
Guitar pics are from the shop it came from, strap pics from stores, almost certainly meaning from the strap makers.

Well, that alligator strap came, and it doesn't look much like the online pics. It's way more brown, not great with the guitar at all. It's also got a kind of vinyl-ish kinda cheap vibe. Bleh.

But actually, the pics of the guitar itself don't look like it does in the flesh either, they're way brighter and redder than real life. The actual guitar is beautiful in my book, classy, more subtle than the pics, not as hyped.

So either my phone isn't color accurate (who knew?!?), or the pics everyone takes for marketing purposes aren't, or more likely, both.

Ordered two cheaper ones this time, a plain brownish Ortega and the Levy's cork one. Hope one of them works out at least. Nothing like any of these is in stock locally to see in person.

Wouldn't have thought this would be a project at all.
The plain Ortega one from gc arrived, and shocker, it looks nothing like the pic online. It's worse than the alligator one (which I'm sort of almost kinda growing to not hate), and it's going back. I'll do that in person, maybe I'll see something great in-store.

Still waiting on the cork one from Sweetwater, supposed to be here Friday.

I just got a Collings 290 from a pal (possible trade, fingers crossed). It's amazing. One of the best electric guitars I've played. The build quality is impeccable and it plays like a dream. Throbak p90's sound fantastic and the guitar is light and very resonant, especially the neck; you can feel every note and chord vibrating. I gigged with it last night (with my FM3 rig) and I didn't want to quit playing. I see what all the hype is about.

Welcome aboard!

Mine is not light, I think, haven't weighed it, but it's not. It also isn't effortless to play, but it feels great.

There's something about it that makes me honor the notes and the sound, and let them sit there being what they are.

Um. That's a ridiculous thing to say. I don't have better words, but really, it has character, dignity, class...

There I go again, nevermind.
Try one, I bet you'll like it.

Welcome aboard!

Mine is not light, I think, haven't weighed it, but it's not. It also isn't effortless to play, but it feels great.

There's something about it that makes me honor the notes and the sound, and let them sit there being what they are.

Um. That's a ridiculous thing to say. I don't have better words, but really, it has character, dignity, class...

I love the way you described that.

I just got a Collings 290 from a pal (possible trade, fingers crossed). It's amazing. One of the best electric guitars I've played. The build quality is impeccable and it plays like a dream. Throbak p90's sound fantastic and the guitar is light and very resonant, especially the neck; you can feel every note and chord vibrating. I gigged with it last night (with my FM3 rig) and I didn't want to quit playing. I see what all the hype is about.
If that doesn't work out, there's this, from the shop in MA where I got mine:
https://themusicemporium.com/products/collings-city-limits-deluxe-p90-rootbeer-used-2013

Where are you?

Welcome aboard!

“… honor the notes …”: what a great way to state that!

Back
Top Bottom