NGD: Clark goes GEN2 ... not happy.

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
001_1.jpg

So this just arrived in Finland. I'm thinking about all the dirty things I can do with it like rhythm tones etc.

But I'm in f@#$ing Australia for at least 4 months from now on so what do I do? I'm pissed!!!

This is me flying and being pissed on a beach in Port Douglas:

20130525_143705_1.jpg

That is all. If anyone with an Axe-Fx lives in Cairns or near Rockhampton or Gladston then prepare yourself for a visit!!

Last edited:
Okay now it's getting even worse. Yesterday the Axe-Fx II was picked up by my dad. Today he notified me that this had arrived:

IMG-20130607-WA0001_1.jpg

Fender Strat with Suhr V60LP pickups, two point trem and custom shop designed etc. That's two NGDs in a row. And the 10.06 firmware with the new Recto.

I love Oz but dammit I miss home right now!!!! :(

Okay now it's getting even worse. Yesterday the Axe-Fx II was picked up by my dad. Today he notified me that this had arrived:

IMG-20130607-WA0001_1.jpg

Fender Strat with Suhr V60LP pickups, two point trem and custom shop designed etc. That's two NGDs in a row. And the 10.06 firmware with the new Recto.

I love Oz but dammit I miss home right now!!!! :(

Man, that thing looks broken...

But the only thing you have to do is get rid of your clothes, wear that man of iron dress and fly to home in about 2 minutes. it's a bird?, a plane?

Tell your dad not to rest a guitar on the neck like that.

:D Good one! Was probably there just for the pic though. I'm not worried... it's going to get a tough job being my guitar for live use. Don't worry I won't burn it like Jimi did. I'll burn my Axe-Fx Ultra. :D

What are you doing in Aussie-land, Mr. Clark Kent?

I'm here avoiding a real job. I got my Master's degree from IT and instead of finding a job that suits my studies I've been applying for music related work. Oz seems to be in a bad place atm but so is every country so while being unemployed I have nothing else to do except buy more gear. :)

I'm here avoiding a real job. I got my Master's degree from IT and instead of finding a job that suits my studies I've been applying for music related work. Oz seems to be in a bad place atm but so is every country so while being unemployed I have nothing else to do except buy more gear. :)

Yeah it's tough out everywhere man. Everyone wants to listen to music, but not too many folks are actually interested in paying for it. Therefore, not too many people are interested in hiring other people to do other types of jobs (mixing, arranging, composing, etc.). It's a tough lot, man. It seems DJs are doing well again, just like in the 70's with the oil crisis... And remember, that brought us disco, so I can only imagine the poo-hell that's coming out of this... yikes.

Hope you either have fun chilling on the beach in Australia, or find something that works out for you down there.

Hey Clark, I live in Rockhampton and have an Axe-FX II loaded with 10.6. It sounds brutal. Loads of guitars available, PRS's Musicman, etc but no crappy Fenders.

You're welcome to come over and have a play any time.

Four months. Long time to be Axe-less. I would've given serious thought to just shipping the gear to Oz where I was at. But then, of course, you have to deal with getting it back home. Shipping it back home and incurring customs fees or checking it with the airline, which is just not something I'd do seeing the 800 lb. gorilla that airlines love to have stomp on luggage.

Hey Clark, I live in Rockhampton and have an Axe-FX II loaded with 10.6. It sounds brutal. Loads of guitars available, PRS's Musicman, etc but no crappy Fenders.

You're welcome to come over and have a play any time.

Not sure if you know but I'm all about PRS and MM in general. ;) I'll be staying in Gladstone for the next three months basically on vacation so it's just an hours drive from your place. I'm honestly planning it already! :D

Four months. Long time to be Axe-less. I would've given serious thought to just shipping the gear to Oz where I was at. But then, of course, you have to deal with getting it back home. Shipping it back home and incurring customs fees or checking it with the airline, which is just not something I'd do seeing the 800 lb. gorilla that airlines love to have stomp on luggage.

I need to be able to carry all my luggage in a backbag so it's impossible. :) I've already been here for over 2 months.. basically whenever I see a guitar store I'll go in and play for as long as they throw me out. :D

Back
Top Bottom