NGD Charvel

I really hope this new one works out for you. I think only the USA model has the EVH pots, according to this video the MIJ model has alpha pots

Thanks, I'll check that one out.

I was watching this one, the volume seemed to work like a normal pot for Dan in his demo.

Last edited:
I really hope this new one works out for you. I think only the USA model has the EVH pots, according to this video the MIJ model has alpha pots

I did say a prototype that I disassembled and it had the same electronics as the USA version but obviously that didn't make it in to production.
The full size Alpa pot that is in the video is actually pretty decent. A normal audio taper and not quite as loose as the EVH but I would be happy to use it. These are not to be confused with the garbage quality mini pots that alpha make and are not any worse than the Bourns. The Caps are a step down though.

Regarding the pot . It is a bourns low friction 500k audio taper (actually the EVH pot in the prototype) BUT it is tweaked to the upper half of the travel to work better with gain and for violin efx. It's far from linear. The pickups are a Korean made version with the exact same parts and they are in Guthrie's guitar too. I think it's a great guitar and for what it does not overpriced.
Measured the volume pot on my 2nd GG MJ that I just got from Wildwood, and it is an audio taper pot. I disconnected the treble bleed circuit from the pot and now it rolls off like normal. Guess I'll put a switch on that treble bleed circuit so I can disable/enable it as I'm keeping this one, it's damn near perfect....

Measured the volume pot on my 2nd GG MJ that I just got from Wildwood, and it is an audio taper pot. I disconnected the treble bleed circuit from the pot and now it rolls off like normal. Guess I'll put a switch on that treble bleed circuit so I can disable/enable it as I'm keeping this one, it's damn near perfect....
The newer full size premium Alpha pots are actually as good as anything else out there. I used to pull out Alpha pots and replace them with CTS but CTS got worse and Alpha got better so there's not a lot in it. Quite a few Premium builders use them with no issues (well no more issues ).

The newer full size premium Alpha pots are actually as good as anything else out there. I used to pull out Alpha pots and replace them with CTS but CTS got worse and Alpha got better so there's not a lot in it. Quite a few Premium builders use them with no issues (well no more issues ).
That’s actually really good to hear about the Alpha pots!

I didn't realize Alpha made full-size pots until now, these are quite good.

Back
Top Bottom