NGD: Carvin ST300

hussamd

Power User
The wonderful folks at Carvin made this beauty for me. ST300, Alder body, Deep black cherry on flame maple with flame maple neck through and the new passive Kiesel pickups on a 5 way switch. Volume knob moved back a bit at my request. It is coming to room temp since yesterday in cold Chicago. Can't wait to play it.

P1010010.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010018.JPG

I've been GAS-ing for a Carvin/ Kiesel a lot lately. That thing is stunning! Be sure to let us know about those Kiesel pickups too, they're supposed to be a huge improvement over the old Carvin's.

Sweet!! I watched a bunch of NAMM 2015 Kiesel Guitar YouTube videos. They've taken quilt and flame tops to a whole new level. Stunning looking guitars!

The pickups are nice and clear. To my ears they are tight and comparable to my other guitar with DiMarzio Illuminator. I need to tailor a patch for it, even though it worked just fine on my go-to patch made for other pickups. The 5 way selector with coil tap on 2 and 4 positions was a great suggestion by the Carvin sales guy. It is a beauty to be admired first, then played :)

Yep that one is nice, AND a 24 fret bolt neck.

I will be honest I have never been a big fan of bolt on necks primarily because of their esthetics, trivial I know but if I could get this guitar built with the specs on a neck that I like I could be swayed :lol .

I agree. I have one Robin guitar that has bolt on neck and the sustain is lacking compared with neck-through guitars. I have it up for sale on CL.

P1010002.JPG

How about that Greg Howe sig Kiesel Carvin, love the top they did for this one.

I am in love with the color of the new Howe signature, just wish it had a full size humbucker in the neck. If so it would be my next purchase. For now I'm leaning toward doing a CT624 build.

I am in love with the color of the new Howe signature, just wish it had a full size humbucker in the neck. If so it would be my next purchase. For now I'm leaning toward doing a CT624 build.

I have been playing on a CT series for a few years now and still liking them, it's a great guitar for the money! I still can't stand the pickup switch, volume and tone pots they use so I change them out but the rest of the guitar is stellar.

Back
Top Bottom