AFIII [NGD] Blue Oyster Cult live solo cover, with firmware 9.01

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

NGD ! Received today, this gorgeous Gibson SG Standard HP 2018 in Blood Orange Fade. Incredibly, although I started guitar in 1982, this is my first Gibson... Being a huge Blue Öyster Cult & Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser fan, I associate this guitar model with him, so I had to cover one of his solos, which I used to play in my younger years : "Astronomy", from the "Some enchanted evening" live album. I don't have the finger speed of my younger years so it was a challenge, but a fun one !

I've yet to adjust the guitar setup and put my usual strings on it, intonation is not perfect in Eb...

The preset is from my Axe-Fx III "Euro Fish & Shiv" Amp Pack, with small tweaks
https://fremenpresets.com/axe-fx-iii-amp-packs/

NGD ! Received today, this gorgeous Gibson SG Standard HP 2018 in Blood Orange Fade. Incredibly, although I started guitar in 1982, this is my first Gibson... Being a huge Blue Öyster Cult & Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser fan, I associate this guitar model with him, so I had to cover one of his solos, which I used to play in my younger years : "Astronomy", from the "Some enchanted evening" live album. I don't have the finger speed of my younger years so it was a challenge, but a fun one !

I've yet to adjust the guitar setup and put my usual strings on it, intonation is not perfect in Eb...

The preset is from my Axe-Fx III "Euro Fish & Shiv" Amp Pack, with small tweaks
https://fremenpresets.com/axe-fx-iii-amp-packs/

Congrats! I have one just like it and love mine however I'm a PRS guy deep down. Just an FYI: I love BOC and the bass player and killer guitar player is Richie Castellano. He also plays keys, sings well, incredible computer knowledge, etc. He can do it all. Anyway, check him out and follow him on Instagram if ya want. Has a show called Band Geeks and they are awesome. He's really cool, however he is a Helix guy. That's ok, great guy. He has a solo album coming out and BOC in studio now recording a new release, not sure when. Have fun. Killer guitar.

Saw BOC last year. Buck is playing a Strandberg these days. He was just phenomenal. Enjoy your SG. Alway wanted one. Astronomy is also my favorite song from that live album.
Great job, BTW, you look like you had a lot of fun jamming to that!!

Saw BOC last year. Buck is playing a Strandberg these days. He was just phenomenal. Enjoy your SG. Alway wanted one. Astronomy is also my favorite song from that live album.
Great job, BTW, you look like you had a lot of fun jamming to that!!

I know he has played a Steinberger, and apparently now a Kiesel Vader, but never seen him with a Strandberg. Not trying to be pedantic or anything, just if someone is interested in Buck's rig.

Definitely don't see many big acts with headless.

Such an awesome song though.

Sir, you are correct. I didn't know Steinberger was much of a player anymore(He was playing the Cheeseberger, based on the equipboard, no SG all night). I see more and more Stranbergs these day my bad. Please take your pedantic butt over to the toy chest and collect your prize!;)

Cool thing is they are recording a new album, I think coming out early next year. Can't wait. Richie Castellano is and incredible musician and helps arrange/write songs and probably co-produces. Plays bass alot but can shred on guitar. Has his own solo album coming out as well.
Love me some BOC. Lookin forward to both coming out.

So, at NAMM 2018, after a Billy Sheehan presentation, I just turn over, and...

27356070_10154929142822245_4315985550612690371_o.jpg

I almost shat my pants, and was too intimidated to ask for a picture with them (and I got pics with Devin Townsend, Andy Timmons and many others at the same show). Besides being a huge Buck Dharma fan, Eric Bloom is one of my favorite singers from the seventies.

Very cool photo. Richie Castellano in middle with glasses. The guy is SO freakin talented. Love BOC and check out Richie's Band Geeks.
Later.

Back
Top Bottom