NGD - Anderson Drop Top

Genghis

Power User
I'm so stoked, received my Anderson Drop Top that I picked up from a fellow Fractal Forum member yesterday. I'm not a photographer, but I did snap a few shots, and also did a quick little mini review on my website:

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Thanks. I think his pics are better! I can't believe it sounds this good, even with the original strings on it.

Thanks. I'm totally satisfied with this guitar. I have two Warmoth builds that I was more or less happy with, but this is so much more balanced sounding and somehow seems even easier to play. It's got a snap and percussive attack that I just love. I love the way it looks, but I think it sounds better than that even. I can't thank @Metlupass2 enough for this axe!

Glad it went to a good home. Enjoy it!

Also remember that H3+ was swapped out for an HN3+ in the bridge. I saw the specs on your site.

Oh wow... I saw the box in the case, but didn't look that close. Thanks, I'll update the post on my site. I thought it sounded a bit more raw and aggressive than the H3+ I had in a guitar previously. I remember the H3+ was a bit dark for the mahogany bodied guitar I had it in, but this HN3+ really cuts through in this guitar. Much tighter for palm mutes than any of my other guitars for sure. The others tend to get just a bit woofy. I think the maple is just thick enough on this one to have more of an effect on the tone. My Warmoths have a thinner maple top, and they tend to cut through just a bit less.

Changed the strings last night as well. Hard to believe how good it sounded with the original strings. I've got D'Addario NYXL on there now and they add just a just a touch more to that cut-through sound it already has.

Back
Top Bottom