NGD - American Ultra Telecaster

mikhael47

I don't know why I'd never owned a Telecaster before. This one has a lot of modern features on it. Locking Tuners, 10-14 compound radius, noiseless pickups with serial/parallel button, 6-saddle bridge. It's an ash body, so it definitely has that spank. I guess I am going to have to learn some banjo rolls now?

telecaster.jpg

One of the three solidbody electrics many feel are essential. Though they’ve never been my primary gigging guitar, I like them. And, yes, I do have one in the guitarsenal. :)

Congrats on yours, it’s a nice one!

One of the few guitars they're still making in Ash. That'll go up in value for sure.

One of the few guitars they're still making in Ash. That'll go up in value for sure.
that's exactly why I bought it. There is something about the sound of an Ash Tele that pine or alder can't really hit for me. They actually discontinued it last year.

I own a 2015 Tele Deluxe (virtually identical to yours)...I replaced the Bridge Saddles w/more traditional compensated brass saddles. Also, replaced the pickups w/the Fishman Fluence "Greg Koch" Gristle Tone pickups. This guitar is now a beast!

I own a 2015 Tele Deluxe (virtually identical to yours)...I replaced the Bridge Saddles w/more traditional compensated brass saddles. Also, replaced the pickups w/the Fishman Fluence "Greg Koch" Gristle Tone pickups. This guitar is now a beast!
My guitar tech suggested those pickups. I usually wait 6 months after buying a guitar to make pickup changes, but I will definitely put those on my radar.

How do you feel about the compensated bridge as opposed to the 6-saddle?

My guitar tech suggested those pickups. I usually wait 6 months after buying a guitar to make pickup changes, but I will definitely put those on my radar.

How do you feel about the compensated bridge as opposed to the 6-saddle?

I purchased the compensated Brass Saddles from Callaham Vintage Guitars (see link) and love them. They add mass (sustain) and the intonation is spot on.

Wow I've never seen that black binding look before, amazing, does it have the C-Shape with Medium Jumbos?

Back
Top Bottom