NGD (almost): Kiesel Vader 7 master grade Koa top

hussamd

Power User
I managed to snag this 7-string beauty before it went on sale. It pays to stay in touch with the sales folks at Carvin/Kiesel guitars. They are great! He managed to sneak some pictures for me. I should have it next week.

Headless Vader 7 with one crazy Master grade Koa top and body - no shortcuts were taken. Even the rosewood fretboard is hand selected by Jeff Kiesel, and the knobs are rosewood. 5 piece walnut/koa neck and has the new glow dots on top of the fretboard.

I think I am set for a while :) Come on... look at it... can you blame me???

11169696_1604696833151897_4641.jpg

11035694_1604696956485218_6649.jpg

11754794_1604697013151879_6117.jpg

11707760_1604696929818554_5836.jpg

I love it. Absolutely beautiful. Makes me wish I had gone a bit more daring on mine. Don't get me wrong, I love my quilted maple top. In retrospect I should have gone with a spalted and I chickened out...

That said...

That's a Holdsworth HH2X. I don't understand why they had to change the names on everything. Just because of the Kiesel specialty shop thing.

Beautiful guitar!

The Vader is a slightly different shape (well, the horns are much longer, of course). Is it also chambered like the HH2? The HH2 appeals to me more.

I'd love for him to create an ergo design.

That's a Holdsworth HH2X. I don't understand why they had to change the names on everything. Just because of the Kiesel specialty shop thing.

Beautiful guitar!

It is better (for me) than the HH. The longer horn makes it sit balanced when I play. It shifts the guitar a bit to the left which helps me get access to the frets. I had issues with my ESP and any LP or single cut guitars with the strap coming loose. I love the feel and playability of the vader.

It is better (for me) than the HH. The longer horn makes it sit balanced when I play. It shifts the guitar a bit to the left which helps me get access to the frets. I had issues with my ESP and any LP or single cut guitars with the strap coming loose. I love the feel and playability of the vader.

Oh wow you know I honestly completely overlooked the shape of the horns! I was clearly too mesmerized by the top and layering to note the totally different shape.

Oh wow you know I honestly completely overlooked the shape of the horns! I was clearly too mesmerized by the top and layering to note the totally different shape.

Yep. I have wide shoulders so any guitar that does not have a large horn is at risk of having the strap come unhooked unless I was using a locking mechanism. The belt wants to pull away. I can honestly say that the Vader has been one of the best guitars I have ever played.

I may have to sell the one in my avatar :)

What a gorgeous top! Carvin/Kiesel have always done Koa well. You have to stop with these Vader threads, it's getting harder to resist ordering one [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom