NGD 2020 50s Les Paul Standard

I'm not a big fan of Tobacco Burst, but this one looks nice. Congrats.
I love Tobacco Burst, but I hate how Gibson sprays the entire top of the body dark. Should look more like my avatar, My custom made L5S knockoff. Otherwise I would love to have that guitar.

Thanks a ton guys, it has been treating me well!

I had it sent to me with the pickguard off, and I intend to keep it that way haha

Resurrecting this thread a bit here as I'm currently scoping out a new LP Standard 50's. @Jambi do you still have it? are you still enjoying it?
Still have it, and absolutely love it. It quickly became my main player. The only things that have changed are the speed knobs I put on it, and a Duncan Distortion in the bridge. I could go back to the stock pickup, and may eventually if I end up getting a custom.

I love the neck. Bigger the better in my eyes. It’s the thickest neck I own, other than an Epiphone Traditional Pro II, which feels like you’re wrapping your hand around a telephone pole.

Been reading up and watching vids on the various models in my target: standard 50's 60s and now possibly the Modern. I get there are neck differences. And from the 50's > modern the pickups get progressively hotter. The modern has well ...more 'modern' features like asymmetrical neck/heel carve along with pickup selection options like coil taps.

My reason for looking at LP's right now is I'm wanting a solid Rhythm machine and not so much for lead playing. I have other guitars that cover that ground well; so that has me thinking the Modern isn't all that necessary for my needs and perhaps the 60s would be a good middle ground. I have yet of course to compare these all in person but plan on it very soon.

audible: a PRS S2 SC 594...ohhhh the choices

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom