NGD: 2017 Fender American Professional Stratocaster

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
I typically don’t post threads like this, but I figured I’d share my enthusiasm with other Stratocaster owners on this forum. I’ve had my eye on one of these for a few years now and since I’ve been unloading a lot of my super strats the past few weeks (my tastes in guitars have changed drastically over the past couple of years), I finally pulled the trigger and grabbed one of these.

This is technically my first official Strat (I briefly owned a G&L Legacy back in about 1993 and mistakenly traded it for an inferior Ibanez). It is in absolutely mint condition, sounds amazing, and feels unbelievable in the hands. The one-piece rosewood neck feels really solid and the feel of the open grain is something that needs to be experienced to understand.

3FC1297B-805D-4F5E-9226-D6931E0F5170.jpegAE5D5F79-7FAF-4804-A8C3-990D4FBB9683.jpegF06F24B4-0979-408A-9899-29672F5E6FA6.jpegB5765725-1DF9-4C3D-8DD8-951BD2465A51.jpeg

Beautiful. I've always felt that guitar necks should not be painted or lacquered over for the best feel. Love the routed Fender logo in particular.

Beautiful guitar! I love rosewood.

The American Professional Strats are very nice. I have one as well, seafoam green, rosewood fretboard, roasted maple neck.

I saw one of those Rosewood neck models at a GC a while back. Beautiful. I just couldn't justify another strat, but it was very cool.

I like those all roasted ones I've seen recently as well.

Thanks guys! Like I said, I usually don’t start threads or post pictures about new gear acquisitions, but this thing is just too beautiful to keep to myself.

We need some sounds to go with that:p

As soon as I get my hands on an FM3, I’ll post some clips. 😁 I just don’t have access to any audio interfaces at the moment.

Very nice. I walked into GC a few months ago to browse, and found this American Pro Limited Edition with a rosewood neck, and walked out with it. I'm not even a strat guy, and wasn't looking to buy, but I've found that when you come across a specimen that has mojo, you grab it if you can.

I agree - the rosewood neck is unbelievable - no grippy nitro to slow you down, and it's so beautiful. The more I play it, the more I love it. Somehow, it sounds way more 'strat-like' than my other strats, even playing it acoustically, and the tuning/intonation is spot on. It has the Tim Shaw V-Mods, and it has this tonal character that I don't know how to describe - it's really top-endy, but it has some kind of overtone/resonance thing that I really dig. I'm not sure if that and the trebliness is the pickups or the rosewood.

Unfortunately, it can't be my number one because I play a lot of classic rock/old metal, which is a bummer, and I wish Fender would make the heels more accessible. I have big hands, so it's not a problem to play up high with a big blocky heel, but they could improve that for comfort. That said, I still love it so much I'm thinking of getting the other color they make so I have two of them.
Strat.jpg

Damn that is a beautiful guitar! The pick guard really sets it off. I also play a lot of rock and 80’s style metal and have been thinking about replacing the bridge single coil with a Thornbucker+ or something similar to give it that EVH tone, while still having access to the classic Strat tones. But yes, it definitely has some mojo that can’t be described.

Reactions: JD_
Damn that is a beautiful guitar! The pick guard really sets it off. I also play a lot of rock and 80’s style metal and have been thinking about replacing the bridge single coil with a Thornbucker+ or something similar to give it that EVH tone, while still having access to the classic Strat tones. But yes, it definitely has some mojo that can’t be described.

Thanks. Do they make the Thornbucker in a single-coil size? Any input on the best humbucker in single-coil size?

Thanks. Do they make the Thornbucker in a single-coil size? Any input on the best humbucker in single-coil size?

Unfortunately not. If I do it, I’m just going to replace the pickguard with an HSS, replace the appropriate pot, and load it up. The Thornbucker+ will get you that 80’s vibe when played with some gain and it compliments the V-Mod singles really well. There’s a bunch of videos on YouTube with it loaded into Strats. It’s a very versatile pickup.

Reactions: JD_
Back
Top Bottom