NGD - 1980 Dean V

Fro

Experienced
This is not something I would normally play, at all. But it was just too cool to pass up. It's heavily played, but I don't mind. I like my guitars to be "players". But there is still plenty of life left in it. The only bad flaw, other than the wear, is that something is messed up with the bridge pickup. It has almost no output. Not sure if it can be repaired, or if it needs to be rewound, or where to even go with it. I have plenty of other pickups to put in it for the time being. I would like to see if I can get the original working at some point. If anyone has pickup repair advice, let me know.

Until then, just a quick picture of it when I first got it home:

WallDean7x9.jpg

And a quick picture of it with it's original owner back in the 80's

XenoDean7x6.jpg

Nice score! Try changing out the pots first, could just be a shite pot or a cold solder. Those old Dean PUPs are killer.

Looks like my buddy Gary's Dean-V from the early 80's. That had to be one of the lightest guitars I've ever held in my hands. We used to tease him about it being a balsa wood guitar. :lol

Looks like my buddy Gary's Dean-V from the early 80's. That had to be one of the lightest guitars I've ever held in my hands. We used to tease him about it being a balsa wood guitar. :lol

It is surprisingly light!

Try the USA Dean Time Capsule V with the V neck. It's not for everyone but boy does it scream. Pointy guitars are not for everyone but I sure do like the USA Deans. I have several and they are consistently excellent guitars. YMMV..............

Peace,

Mj

Cool guitar man! Vintage Deans are great guitars.

Too bad about the bridge pickup. It should be a DiMarzio Super Distortion, I don't know if DiMarzio does repair work.

I would say that you should get that pickup repaired if it can be. svl is right though, it could be something else.

I have a Dean V, I think it's from 1981. I've had it since the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom