NGD - 1969 Telecaster

Fro

Experienced
I'm all about the "Players" instruments, so I couldn't pass this one up. The bridge pickup is original, but the neck pickup is not. However, I think the neck pickups sounds great. It has also been re-fretted. I really like how the neck feels, so I'm considering the bigger frets as a win for me. I did end up trading my Washburn N4 towards this. That was a little sad. But as cool as the N4 was, I never played it. Tele's are more my thing. I figured my 1975 Custom needed some company. :)

What's killing me though is that I normally put locking machines on my guitars, and a Hipshot Xtender. I just can't bring myself to widen the holes on a 45 year old neck for the modern machines. I also play with my Atomic CLR pretty close to me on stage. I haven't been able to solve the tweeter squeal problem playing with single coils that close to a loud horn. All my live guitars have noise canceling pickups, which don't squeal with the horn so close. So if I am going to play this live, I'm going to have to put a Dimarzio Area-T 615 in it. The original pickup sounds great though. If anyone has advice on playing with single coils live using FRFR, or on locking machines and a Drop D device that wouldn't involve me altering the guitar, that would be great.

In the meantime, this guitar is hard to put down. Much fun to play!

1969_Tele_1.jpg

1969_Tele_3.jpg

With all those problems you're finding with it....you should probably just sell it to me...;)

Looks like a once in a lifetime axe.....congrats.

I learned to play electric on a blonde '68 Tele, which I used bought for $75 back in 1977. Best neck I've ever played.

I've been looking for a used, beat up old Tele for a few years. Almost like a project guitar to mess with. Can't really find one these days so easily. I want to play it, too, before I buy it. I will find it...oh, yes, I will find it.

Back
Top Bottom