NGD: 10s iCC-T Shell Pink Heavy Relic

chrisni

tele.jpg

600$ including shipping to Germany from China.
Roasted maple neck
Locking tuners
Heavy relic

I will swap out the pickups, because the neck and bridge pickup sound almost the same. Really strange.
I need to do some setup on the action etc, then it will be a really nice guitar.

Just a suggestion, swap the bridge saddles out for the Gotoh brass "in tune" ones. Those ones (if they are the ones I think they are) are as out of tune as uncompensated ones and the brass is very thin sounding. Not wanting to sound negative but that would only cost €20 and make a huge difference.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I already looked at some aftermarket bridges. First I need to make experience with the stock hardware :)

I just ordered new pickups (Bare Knucke Pickups True Grit) and the Gotoh In-Tune bridge as suggested. I will get everything installed as it arrives. Looking forward to the upgrades.

EDIT: I tried to intonate the stock (no-name) bridge without success. I can only get one string of a pair intonated.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, swap the bridge saddles out for the Gotoh brass "in tune" ones. Those ones (if they are the ones I think they are) are as out of tune as uncompensated ones and the brass is very thin sounding. Not wanting to sound negative but that would only cost €20 and make a huge difference.
Rutters saddles are also good. I swapped out the saddles on my VZ Tele's Barden bridge for the Rutters ones, and tuning stability and string spacing stability are greatly improved. I heartily recommend Dawgtown 5/2 pickups. Great vintage Tele spank, minus the ice-picky plain strings....

Rutters saddles are also good. I swapped out the saddles on my VZ Tele's Barden bridge for the Rutters ones, and tuning stability and string spacing stability are greatly improved. I heartily recommend Dawgtown 5/2 pickups. Great vintage Tele spank, minus the ice-picky plain strings....
Agree, The Gotoh are the ones I recommend because they are relatively easy to get not expensive and they are as good IMO. Rutters ones are great as well.

Back
Top Bottom