NGD .........’57 Goldtop..........(swoon)

bradlake

Axe-Master
C4E4CBDE-7A05-436C-8D7D-3FA85047F2EC.jpeg
So I thought I was through within Gibson after the recent rash of bad publicity and QC...and I need yet another guitar like a boil on my ass,
but after arriving back at my South Beach crib I needed to take my @Black Bitch Indie LP (thanks again tony) for a fresh setup, so yesterday I went to a relatively new place ,
www.waltgracevintage.com , in Wynwood, a trendy Miami hood, where I had heard the luthier was ace...they started as a vintage-only purveyor of cars and guitars (some amazing vehicles there)
and moved into a larger space recently and expanded into new gear as well, and saw this baby up there ....I have lusted in my heart for a genuine 50s goldtop since my 2 high school guitar idols (RIP-they both ODd young ) sported them in 1968..but I hadnt til now bonded with one at first play.....but I do believe I found my new #1..
she’s a brand new 2019 Custom Shop VOS 57, is a marked improvement over recent years IMO, weighs a reasonable 9.1 lb, plays like butter, and purrs and roars. Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate to all, I got my gift, hope you get yours.

I'm all charged up looking at that guitar! And its not even mine o_O
Have a soft spot for Les Paul's, I know Gibson has a ton of fault's and I don't defend them.And you should not have pick and choose so much. To get a good guitar.
But if you know what your looking for and find that one. There is not a better feeling, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom