NGD – .strandberg* Prog NX 7

randyman

Experienced
Today, the follow-up to my DR Titanium arrived … I’ll make this short for now, and try to be a little more articulate later, after I’ve slept.

First, I’ve never played a seven-string, so I’m working on wrapping my head around that …

Second, with the active Fishman Fluence Modern pickups and sassafras body, the range of tone from this guitar is completely different from the DR.

And that’s just what I was hoping for! Once again, this Strandberg is immaculate in fit and finish. I’m a little overwhelmed with my first moments with this puppy, so for now – I’ll just leave you with a couple pictures. I’m learning that depending on the light, this guitar is mercurial … its appearance is hard to pin down. It’s really just gorgeous in person, which I did not expect from what I had seen online.

I brought J. J. Abrams in for some flare … (this is before I removed the protective plastic on the pickups, and mounted the trem bar)

Prog-NX-7.jpg

Note how completely different this shot looks … (plastic gone, trem bar on)

straight-shot.jpg

Like the DR, this guitar feels like a precision tool. A keeper. I am completely sold on the Strandbergs.

Last edited:
Your Strandberg collection is scaling nicely. Next, you need an 8 string. Maybe a Japanese-made J8.

C9YeTDrVYAAb0JH

Your Strandberg collection is scaling nicely. Next, you need an 8 string. Maybe a Japanese-made J8.
Whoa! Dude!

I have the feeling this Seven is going to give me a lot to chew on for quite a while. But I am already considering a Standard 6 with a trem bridge, to use as a banger …

They’re small, don’t take up much space, and my cat wouldn’t mind … unlike some spouses. : )

Whoa! Dude!

I have the feeling this Seven is going to give me a lot to chew on for quite a while. But I am already considering a Standard 6 with a trem bridge, to use as a banger …

They’re small, don’t take up much space, and my cat wouldn’t mind … unlike some spouses. : )
Pics of the cat?

Pics of the cat?
Thanks for asking! Here she is … Milla, named after Leeloo in The Fifth Element. Her full name is Milla Mishka Multipass Walters.

“Mishka” is what the animal rescue clinic was calling her, so I kept it as a middle name. She’s a sweetheart. Coming up on our 10th anniversary.

leica milla.png

Here she was the day I picked her up … November 5, 2011. I got lucky. (She still sits like that sometimes.)

milla 1.png

Last edited:
Hope I’m not overdoing this … but I got an identical pair of stands, and can now display my new Strandbergs side-by-side … along with Milla the guitar kitty.

I’ve also given the seven-string Milla’s middle name … Mishka. So here they are … Milla, Mishka, and Doctor Tanya.

guit1.jpg

guit2.jpg

guit3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom