• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

NG and NB Days - Too many brown guitars

secondwindow

Experienced
I realized recently that all of my guitars were some version of brown - 3-tone sunburst, tobacco burst, bourbon burst, desert burst, etc. All were great guitars, but just didn't inspire me - not just because of looks. All were great guitars, but just weren't exciting me the way I'd want them to. I also had two basses that weren't giving me what I wanted for sound and playability.

So, I sold them all! With the proceeds, I purchased a new Suhr Modern Custom and a second-hand Suhr Modern Custom Satin, plus a third-hand Lakland 55-94 5-string bass. I did hold on to my Fender American Ultra Luxe Stratocaster (gotta have a strat!), but let go of all my other electric guitars.

It's been a few weeks now since I thinned the herd and I have zero seller's remorse. The instruments I have now give me just what I need in terms of sound, playability, and looks.

There was quite a bit of $ leftover after the sales and purchases - so I decided to give the cash to my very supportive better-half.
I feel really fortunate to have what I've got.

Here are the instruments I just got. I also posted a couple of NGDs and a NBD.

Attachments

• 20210810_170739.jpg
    20210810_170739.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Top Bottom