Next project: Fender Twin Reverb -> cancelled

PerChr

Experienced
This will possibly soon be another free CabPack from yours truly.
The subject this time is an early nineties Fender Twin Reverb '65 reissue, with Jensen C12K speakers.
I'll be using this thread as a sort of beta-testing area, where some teasers will be dropped.
Hopefully some of you will provide me with some feedback. So please download, test and report back! :)

Here's a couple from my first setup and test-shoot today.
Sennheiser MD 421 on right speaker cap edge (02) and left speaker cap (01)

Per

Attachments

• PER Twin 2x12 421 02 R-6.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 39
  • PER Twin 2x12 421 01 L.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 38
these sound nice! I like that they dont have that stiff low end that you usually find on fender-y IR's, they breathe easily. R6 is my fav of the 2 because its balanced but the scoopiness in the other one is a col sound too, looking forward to these :)

Thanks for your comments, Brown!
I think the speakers in this Twin sounds great, nice bottom end.
I did some more testing just now, so I thought I'd share another pair.
Tul G12 and AGK D112 this time :)

Per

Attachments

• PER Twin 2x12 TG12+ 01c R.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 26
  • PER Twin 2x12 D112 01a R.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 25
Looking forward to taking these for a spin, just in time for me to redo my cleans for q7 :) I can probably post up some clips tonight as well

Currently running the 421 R6 and the D112 R captures in stereo on the SF twin and it slays my dude, this is a quick jam to show it off but I'm loving how spanky it is with my strat

That sounds great, Brown! Full sounding bottom end with a perfect spank on top.
Really fun and educational to hear how the IR's sound in others capable hands!
Thank you for helping me test these, I really appreciate your involvement :)
Per

One last test-IR: SM57 slightly off-axis, left speaker

Attachments

• PER Twin 2x12 SM57 OX-1 L.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 20
Thank you for your support, Brown!
Due to a disappointing low interest from the rest of the FAS-community, this project is in the freezer for now.
I doubt it will end up as a "here you are" free CabPack, instead I'm thinking about offering it only to those who have shown me support.
Too bad..

Thank you for your support, Brown!
Due to a disappointing low interest from the rest of the FAS-community, this project is in the freezer for now.
I doubt it will end up as a "here you are" free CabPack, instead I'm thinking about offering it only to those who have shown me support.
Too bad..
Happy I could help in any capacity :)

Thanks for the IRs.
I own a Silverface Twin that I bought new in 1973 (my first real amp). I stuck Altec 417 speakers in it back then. They are pretty broke in by now (although still the original cones).
I really like the clean sound that the amp gives me. I have been having trouble getting the same sound from my Axe XL (although I am getting pretty close). Your IRs got me a bit closer.

Back
Top Bottom