Next KAN IR project is: Added product sample

I’ve had 3 MD421 in my arsenal for about 22 years now and I used to use them for Kick and toms. I did try it on guitar cabs many times but never bonded with it. But I will give it some more time. I was able to make it sound cool together with my SM-57.

Last edited:
I’ve had 3 MD421 in my arsenal for about 22 years now and I used to use them for Kick and toms. I did try it on guitar cabs many times but never bonded with it. But I will give it some more time. I was able to make it sound cool together with my SM-57.

I know the feeling . I never did get the hang of an SM7B on guitar or vocals. No matter what mic techniques I used, it always sounded like the voice or cab was in a pizza box.

Maybe the « Norwegian sound » is not the « US sound » ;)
And hopefully all mixes don’t sound the same :)

As a bedroom wanker, I really like the the fact that, with the Axe-Fx, I can play with a « bedroom tone » and reamp easily when I try to create a mess...hum...a mix.:p

Maybe the « Norwegian sound » is not the « US sound » ;)
And hopefully all mixes don’t sound the same :)

As a bedroom wanker, I really like the the fact that, with the Axe-Fx, I can play with a « bedroom tone » and reamp easily when I try to create a mess...hum...a mix.:p
Lol.. The Axe is really cool. But real amps are still cool. At the moment I’m slaving my Bogner XTC thru the Axe with my own IR’s and I’m having problem hearing any difference between the mic’s and the IR. When I do projects I go all in!! Here’s me playing my Replica rig of the Lukather/Soldano rig. Some years ago.. I’ve cut my hair and lost some weight. Some of you might have been members of HRI. I’m the Wizard from HRI.

Last edited:
Oh cool, I just noticed this. So these are the Marshall ir for us to check out?

Marshall 1960B Slash cab from The 1990’s.. This used to belong to me some years ago.
The plan is to make IR of all speakers to find the sweet one. I`m also considering adding an MD-421 to the mic setup. Any love for that mic? I was never a big fan of it personally. The combination of a ribbon mic with a standard SM-57 always work. I have an SM-7b here too.
04AF890E-DA8C-4051-97B1-0CC7A8D94BC2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom