Wish Next gen mfc request?

JCBitB

Inspired
Seems like something you'd have to implement from the ground up, so we're almost certainly talking AxefxIII and MFC202 but what about access to the Axe's fx loop on the mfc so that you can plop it on your pedal board with additional pedals and have it all travel back to your rack via the single cable? Lowers the margin of error when you're in a rush, and it's likely the cable will have a locking mechanism so it's harder to inadvertently disconnect as well. Might even generate sales in a proprietary cable (if the cat platform can't do it) and potentially lower calls to the tech dept from folks dealing with wonkiness caused by cheap cables and damage to them that isn't immediately visible.

I'm currently trying to figure out a way to mount my axe fx safely to a pedal board so that I can leave everything connected, just flip a switch and go, and it would be neat if I could leave it in a rack with the power supply without adding additional set up time.

Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

edit: This would necessitate A2D converters onboard the MFC wouldn't it? Seems like it would be a fatal flaw if that's the case.

NOT quite sure what you are requesting, but you can get all that with the current product suite.
Use XLR cable and "FASLink" expansion port.. simply hook up your MFC and connect the XLR cable after powering up the AXE in your rack. I wouldn't put my Axe on the floor anywhere near the audience - if gigging. At home, OK.
Mine was always off the ground - in a rack - to the side of the stage, away from spills.
MFC was in a clear plastic bag (for stages where spills can occur) underneath my mic stand - and behind my wedge (before I went IEM).

and.. the looper can already be controlled via the MFC via IA switches, or using reveal mode and setting IA's 1-5 to align with looper controls.

Not a looper, an FX loop. IE a signal path to plug additional pedals into so that they enter the chain when you engage the fx loop block

I don't really want my axe on the floor either, so I've been wringing my hands wondering if building the whole thing into a flight case or something will provide protection from spilt beer and what ever other unholy mixture of substances happen to be on the floor.

It's just that I want to integrate an EHX Key9, Freeze, and possibly a rotary along with my expression pedals. Maybe something like an Ooh Wah II and a Seek trem down the road as well.

Last edited:
You're best option is to get a cheap midi switcher like a decibel eleven or g-lab. That's what I do. I have the G-lab and run 4 pedals in the chain ( actually use it before the Axe FX, as the impedance of the Axe's effect loop would need to be converted ). So I have the Axe-FX plus a mini pedalboard on it ( fits perfectly ) and I can dial in what pedal I want in a preset with the MFC-101

Back
Top Bottom