Next big thing for Fractal

Considering that the Axe III is THE biggest thing already, I hope that more energy goes towards shoring it up by ticking off the most important wish list items than new for the sake of new. I'd also love to see FC6/12 Mark II with a smaller/lighter footprint and bigger scribble strips.

Of course those are my interests - YMMV

I still think, Speaker Modeling could be the next thing.

I know that it would be extremely hard to model the mechanical dynamics of a speaker in (near as) real time but Cliff made it work for the electronics in an amplifier at nearly zero latency, so frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he made it.
The way I understand it, this would allow for the simulation of the interaction of the voice coil of the speaker, attached to the membrane being subjected to different return forces, depending on its deflection, and the power amp of the amplifier as the speaker also works as a microphone.

Oh man, if Fractal put out their take on a bulletproof CLR.......game over.
Sure, but it would need to be a really, really accurate cabinet to be ground-breaking, and the PA guys have been applying refinements to speaker design for decades. It's going to be hard to beat a Meyer, RCF or d&b without it costing a bunch, just due to lack of component volume.

I still think, Speaker Modeling could be the next thing.

I know that it would be extremely hard to model the mechanical dynamics of a speaker in (near as) real time but Cliff made it work for the electronics in an amplifier at nearly zero latency, so frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he made it.
The way I understand it, this would allow for the simulation of the interaction of the voice coil of the speaker, attached to the membrane being subjected to different return forces, depending on its deflection, and the power amp of the amplifier as the speaker also works as a microphone.

That's my bet too (or at least my hope).

IRs are a great solution (and business) but frankly are the most tedious process of creating tones IMHO.

Having a PROPER virtual cabinet that you could mic like in real life would be awesome.
Right now we have some gimmicky solutions that do something like that but a truly physically modeled cab system would probably change the game.
I don't know if that is even remotely feasible for the time being though.

I would love to see the amp sections for classic tube compressors modeled in as much detail as guitar amps. This could bring a new demographic of customers. Just take a look at the threads on the Gearslutz forum regarding the clones and plugins. i Recently bought a high quality LA2A clone and a Stalevel. They are super cool.

1 u axeIII with minimal screens/knobs and wireless/Bluetooth for phone control. But TBH anything like a speaker or something would take time away from flagship III updates and I don’t want to lose those

1 u axeIII with minimal screens/knobs and wireless/Bluetooth for phone control. But TBH anything like a speaker or something would take time away from flagship III updates and I don’t want to lose those
Trouble with this is that 1u devices don't have room for enough I/O points to be competitive.

Do you really want a Axe-FX that does away with 2/3 of these connections? Which ones would you toss out?
III-rear-transparent-e1517268585239.png

Back
Top Bottom