Next big thing for Fractal

What is the next BIG thing for Fractal that you see on the horizon? I have heard something about a patent or whatever? I'm just curious as what people think. THere is so much in this now I'm just wondering what would be a BIG thing that would take it to the next level so to speak?

I would love more processing blocks focused on synth-like sounds. Essentially all the EHX / Boss SY style stuff.

I know Fractal used to sell an effects-only board in the FX8. I was looking at my pedalboard today with its Strymon trio of Big Sky, Timeline and Mobius. I was thinking that Strymon should market a board that combines these three pedals into a complete effects solution for guitarists who are not interested in modeling.

Strymon Profusion

FRFR is an available income stream. Having the Fractal name would put it on top of the heap from day one.
"Build the better mousetrap".
My thoughts exactly.
It would be interesting to see from an accessory standpoint.
These guys clearly know their stuff about audio, so they must have kicked the idea around?

The marketplace for FRFR speakers is kind of meh.

Slap that FAS logo on it, and take my money.

Aside from dreams, the only thing mentioned is this idea for "Amplifier Matching" waiting for patent approval.
Whether that gets implemented into the 3? Or may be for a future unit/product?

I'll post the video tomorrow when I'm on my laptop, but in the youtube vid 'first look & impression fractal FM3', the user is at minute 22 when there is a limit on the amount of blocks because of high CPU.
After a Drive, Amp, Cab, Delay, Comp and Reverb, the CPU wouldn't allow another block like Chorus or Flanger.

Like is said, I'll post the YouTube video tomorrow, but you can search for it yourself to have a look.

If it's the video I am thinking of, he has the Reverb set to Ultra-High Quality and then tries to insert something expensive.

An extreme corner case. Most presets can have at least twelve blocks. Some examples:FM3-Edit 2021-01-21 20-16-35.pngFM3-Edit 2021-01-21 20-17-55.pngFM3-Edit 2021-01-21 20-19-45.pngFM3-Edit 2021-01-21 20-21-06.png

Last edited:
I have seen/heard tons of (hi-fi) frfr speakers since 1970s. All types of cool and clever transducers incl. plasma tweeters (he cooled) ... I’ve also been around electrostatic speakers ... including magnapan, owned two ~5’x3.5’ Koss (as well as my pair Stax phones, long ago sold 😟).

I would never recommend the speaker business as a business. I think fractalaudio already knows. 😜

Last edited:
I have seen/heard tons of (hi-fi) frfr speakers since 1970s. All types of cool and clever transducers incl. plasma tweeters (he cooled) ... I’ve also been around electrostatic speakers ... including magnapan, owned two 5’x3’ Koss (as well as my pair Stax phones, long ago sold 😟).

I would never recommend the speaker business as a business. I think fractalaudio already knows. 😜
You don’t go into the business, you partner and lend your name.

You don’t go into the business, you partner and lend your name.

It doesn’t seem to me that such a licensing arrangement would be a natural direction for Fractal audio.

They don’t work that way now as far as I know, and I cannot see reason for FAS to sign onto something they didn’t build just for some extra money.

my .02 pesos

Back
Top Bottom