Next big thing for Fractal

Cooldrewb

Inspired
What is the next BIG thing for Fractal that you see on the horizon? I have heard something about a patent or whatever? I'm just curious as what people think. THere is so much in this now I'm just wondering what would be a BIG thing that would take it to the next level so to speak?

After watching a YouTube vid of the FM3 with it being limited to 5 blocks in a preset, the bigger more powerful version has to be next, especially with the Kemper floor unit and QuadCortex thingy with touchscreen

I'm still personally hoping for improvements to AxeEdit... that is where most of my "Wishlist" requests are. So many other products have really great sorting, tagging, cataloging . Right now I manage all of this outside of AxeEdit. Its frustrating for me not to be able to, while within AxeEdit, very quickly pull up a list of all presets with particular components or amp models etc. AxeEdit is great for working on the presets... I've not really complaints there... I'd just like to see them also have better preset and block management from the library perspective.

I'd also love a plugin version of some sort.

Not sure either of those fall into the next big thing category or not just my personal dreams. I always want the modeling to be the number one focus of course and even though there are things I would like to see evolve this platform I always choose fractal for the most inspiring and amazing tones. I kick the tires on EVERYTHING out there and my ears and fingers are never really satisfied by any other option.

I'm still personally hoping for improvements to AxeEdit... that is where most of my "Wishlist" requests are. So many other products have really great sorting, tagging, cataloging . Right now I manage all of this outside of AxeEdit. Its frustrating for me not to be able to, while within AxeEdit, very quickly pull up a list of all presets with particular components or amp models etc. AxeEdit is great for working on the presets... I've not really complaints there... I'd just like to see them also have better preset and block management from the library perspective.

I'd also love a plugin version of some sort.

Not sure either of those fall into the next big thing category or not just my personal dreams. I always want the modeling to be the number one focus of course and even though there are things I would like to see evolve this platform I always choose fractal for the most inspiring and amazing tones. I kick the tires on EVERYTHING out there and my ears and fingers are never really satisfied by any other option.
Actually, this is a good one. I think maybe some updates in here would be great. Yeah, I would love to be able to have more flexibility there as well.

I wouldn’t be upset if they ventured into non-guitar specific items. A top of the line vocal processor would be welcomed by me. I go crazy with production stuff in the studio, especially with vocals, to have something Fractal-powered would open up some doors to bring that vocal production to life in a live situation.

I could probably pull a lot of it off with another Axe III, but to have something vocal-specific would make it a lot easier.

FRFR is an available income stream. Having the Fractal name would put it on top of the heap from day one.
Right.

Integrate the Axe-FX II into a CLR or Meyer wedge, and sell it is a stage-ready complete digital rig.

Alternatively, integrate a wireless receiver for guitar and transmitter for IEM.

Right.

Integrate the Axe-FX II into a CLR or Meyer wedge, and sell it is a stage-ready complete digital rig.

Alternatively, integrate a wireless receiver for guitar and transmitter for IEM.

What you mean like this little beauty? How'd that work out?
I liked the concept when it first came out (and I'd be lying if I said I didn't own one at one time) but in the end, it was a flawed setup.
I really don't think we need another one of these.

ToneLab-a1b180c36ee8458beacdb29d9f746544.jpg

I know Fractal used to sell an effects-only board in the FX8. I was looking at my pedalboard today with its Strymon trio of Big Sky, Timeline and Mobius. I was thinking that Strymon should market a board that combines these three pedals into a complete effects solution for guitarists who are not interested in modeling.

Is no one is going to address this misleading statement?
I'll post the video tomorrow when I'm on my laptop, but in the youtube vid 'first look & impression fractal FM3', the user is at minute 22 when there is a limit on the amount of blocks because of high CPU.
After a Drive, Amp, Cab, Delay, Comp and Reverb, the CPU wouldn't allow another block like Chorus or Flanger.

Like is said, I'll post the YouTube video tomorrow, but you can search for it yourself to have a look.

Back
Top Bottom