Newbie X/Y scene switch question

PRS Guy

Inspired
So looking at the AX8 image it appears switches 1 - 8 can:
1. control which active scene
2. control X versus Y
3. and something else?

I guess I am trying to wrap my head around how that works. Do F1,F2, or F3 enable the mode to determine which parameter the switches F1-F8 will affect?

so for example if I press F1 (or whatever) I am in scene mode and the if I select switch 5 I turn on scene 5?

Is that correct?

Any info is appreciated...be gentle I am new to the Fractal methodology 8)

The 8 switches can also control effect bypass (Stompbox mode) and it has been said that they can be intermixed/customized per preset.

I think these are the questions alot of us have. Ideally, I would want to be able to use the AX8 in a split mode to select presets on one row and scenes on the other row. In addition, I would like to be able to toggle to a stomp box mode at any time to control specific effects (or combinations of effects). Not to mention being able to access a tuner and the looper modes. I haven't read anything about the AX8 that makes me believe I won't be able to do all of this, but I don't know the specifics yet.
-
Austin

Does the FX8 do all of these things?
I want split mode to select presets on one row and scenes on the other row. I would like to toggle to a stomp box mode to control specific effects (or combinations of effects). Not to mention being able to access a tuner and the looper modes.

Does the FX8 do all of these things?

it has been said by FAS that the FX8 will get an update where we might be able to mix the functions of the 8 Switches - some Scene, some Stomp, some Preset. we don't know the exact details yet, but it's possible that the "Switch Layout" feature of the AX8 will come to the FX8.

we don't know the details at this point though.

Makes sense thanks - just reading the FX8 manual now. Sounds like AX8 is likely going to have more flexible switch assignments and FX8 will then catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom