Newbie to FC12. How to make effects momentary?

Alainarose

Inspired
Hi there. Just got my AXE 3 and my new FC12. I have owned numerous Fractal products and the most recent prior to the AXE 3 is an FX8 which I used to control my tube heads. I like on the FX8 to set up certain effects buttons to be momentary such as phaser, chorus and flanger so I can just step on it and the effect engages until I release it. I like to play VH and like to interject those effects at certain places and I don't like latching effects where I have to step on and off. I like to step on and it engages until i want it off and then I release my foot.

I cannot find this anywhere in how to latch or momentary individual effects on the editor or in the manual. Can someone please help out as this is stumping me.

You need to use a Control Switch. It’s a type of switch assignment on the FC. Then make that momentary. Then assign the Bypass parameter to that Control Switch # as the source.

The FX8 and AX8 has switches as a direct part of the “brain” so it could do this a bit easier.

Ok I see that and it brings up momentary or latched. My question is if I have a phaser, how do I assign the control switch # to that phaser?

If I do this on the FC12 and then assign CS1 Momentary to a FC button then go to say phaser block and right click on the bypass button the modifier page comes up and I select CS1 correct? If so then when I do it the phaser is on all the time. What am I doing wrong?

If I do this on the FC12 and then assign CS1 Momentary to a FC button then go to say phaser block and right click on the bypass button the modifier page comes up and I select CS1 correct? If so then when I do it the phaser is on all the time. What am I doing wrong?
In the Controller area there should be CS on/off/last settings. Top left area of Axe-Edit, look for Controllers.

Ok I am doing a firmware 12 upload right now but I know the area you are taking about. If I did what I said above and then go to the Controller area and then what should CS1 read? On or off?

Ok I am doing a firmware 12 upload right now but I know the area you are taking about. If I did what I said above and then go to the Controller area and then what should CS1 read? On or off?
If you want it on when the preset loads, then choose on. Sounds like you want it off tho.

Ok I have the controller screen with all buttons set off. When I click on the bypass section of the phaser and set the modifier to CS1 the switch FC12 switch comes on and stays on (lights up). Is there something on the modifier page that also needs to be set a certain way? I tried flipping the min/max and that does nothing as well. What gives?

Back
Top Bottom