Newbie questions

Gregory Spack

Hello Fractalites,
Great to be a part of this group!
Just a few questions I'm sure you have seen before, please endulge me.

+ It there a specific location to find downloads of settings, sounds, presets, etc. ?
+ In a bank, can I have different blocks in each scene? ie. S1 comp, wah, drive, chorus, rotary, phase, rev, delay.... S2 comp, volume, phase, chorus, pitch, flange, rev, delay.... ?
+ Can I x/y toggle from volume to wah?
+ Can I step up and down through scenes in one step without first hitting F1?
** My basic goal is to have a group of presets to quickly change from song to song. And to be able to go from volume to wah use with the ev1.
Thanks in advance for your help...
Greg

+ It there a specific location to find downloads of settings, sounds, presets, etc. ?
not sure what this means. are you asking about downloading and adding other people's presets? or are you talking about something on the unit itself?

+ In a bank, can I have different blocks in each scene? ie. S1 comp, wah, drive, chorus, rotary, phase, rev, delay.... S2 comp, volume, phase, chorus, pitch, flange, rev, delay.... ?
no. Scenes turn multiple blocks on/off and can change XY settings. that's it, yet very powerful. a Preset is what you use to have different blocks. a Bank is 8 Presets, each Preset can have different blocks and routing, a Scene within a Preset can turn different things on/off and change XY with one button press.

no. XY is a function of the Block. so for a Delay block, X is any setting of that Delay's parameters, and Y is another set of settings of that Delay's parameters. Delay XY, Reverb XY, etc. shows that the X and Y are of that same block. that's why it doesn't make sense for X to be Volume and Y to be Wah, since those are 2 separate blocks.

Scenes or Presets? Presets, yes, if you reassign the F-switches or any of the 8 switches to be Preset Up or Preset Down. Scenes typically aren't stepped through one at a time, but selected by number with the corresponding footswitch. again, you can assign one of the 8 switches to be a particular Scene for that Preset.

** My basic goal is to have a group of presets to quickly change from song to song.

yes, this is how the unit functions. create Presets for different sounds, and use Scenes or direct on/off switches to turn effects on/off as needed.

for the same EV1 being both Wah and Volume, that is a bit advanced, but someone can talk you through it here.

not sure what this means. are you asking about downloading and adding other people's presets? or are you talking about something on the unit itself?
I am referring to others people's presets to download.

no. Scenes turn multiple blocks on/off and can change XY settings. that's it, yet very powerful. a Preset is what you use to have different blocks. a Bank is 8 Presets, each Preset can have different blocks and routing, a Scene within a Preset can turn different things on/off and change XY with one button press.
Is there a difference between banks and presets? I am a little confused.

no. XY is a function of the Block. so for a Delay block, X is any setting of that Delay's parameters, and Y is another set of settings of that Delay's parameters. Delay XY, Reverb XY, etc. shows that the X and Y are of that same block. that's why it doesn't make sense for X to be Volume and Y to be Wah, since those are 2 separate blocks.
Gotcha

Scenes or Presets? Presets, yes, if you reassign the F-switches or any of the 8 switches to be Preset Up or Preset Down. Scenes typically aren't stepped through one at a time, but selected by number with the corresponding footswitch. again, you can assign one of the 8 switches to be a particular Scene for that Preset.

** My basic goal is to have a group of presets to quickly change from song to song.

yes, this is how the unit functions. create Presets for different sounds, and use Scenes or direct on/off switches to turn effects on/off as needed.

for the same EV1 being both Wah and Volume, that is a bit advanced, but someone can talk you through it here.

I am referring to others people's presets to download.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com

though for the FX8 specifically, there aren't too many presets shared because it's mostly effects, and not full tones like the Axe-Fx line. also people share on this forum often.

Is there a difference between banks and presets? I am a little confused.

a Bank is a group of 8 Presets.

Back
Top Bottom