Newbie questions... I am willing to pay you for good advice

andydusa11

I just purchased an Axe Fx II and am looking for assistance.

I want to know what other gear I will need and what the best setup is for what I am doing.

I have an Axe-Fx II, an Alesis iO2 express audio interface, a computer, studio monitors, and headphones. Here is how I have it set up: I have my guitar running into my Axe-Fx II, Axe-Fx II running into my audio interface with two 1/4" TRS guitar cables, and my audio interface is running into my computer via USB. I have it so where I can hook studio monitors to my audio interface using XLR balanced cables.

I am going to be using my Axe-Fx to practice and record. I want to use it with my studio monitors but I still want to use my studio monitors for my computer as well. Am I going to need a pre-amp? What else should I get?

Also, what is the best way to set levels on the Axe-Fx II? I read the manual but can't understand what the I/0 button is meant to do.

What kind of studio monitors are they? Do They have more than one input on the back of them? If not, and you want to send an output from your computer, you can always use the input 2 jacks on the back of the Axe Fx, but you will need adapter cables or jacks to do so. Also if you are recording into your DAW and you want to be able to have control of your AXE monitor and DAW levels, you can do so by setting output 2 to echo output one on the AXE I/O panel. Then you would use the output 2 jacks to your monitor speakers and can have full control over these 2 levels using the 1 and 2 knobs on the front of the Axe FX.
I suggest you get the manual out and experiment with making changes on the I/O panel on the AXE. As long as you do not have anything plugged into inappropriate inputs and outputs you can do no damage. Sometimes it takes a little trial and error to learn this stuff. IN fact it takes me a whole lot of trial and error.
You now owe me a nickel... LOL

Hello Andy,

Welcome to the forum, here you will find a lot of information and a lot of very skilled members that will no dougt be able to answer any question you may have. Chris and his (axefxtutorials) is a treasure of information and help, he has a bunch of very nice videos with tutorials and setup related information.

Also the axe wikki is a treasure in its own.

have a good one

:)

Hello Andy,

Welcome to the forum, here you will find a lot of information and a lot of very skilled members that will no dougt be able to answer any question you may have. Chris and his (axefxtutorials) is a treasure of information and help, he has a bunch of very nice videos with tutorials and setup related information.

Also the axe wikki is a treasure in its own.

have a good one

:)

Been using Tapatalk so long that I forgot about signatures! Just noticed yours shows FW10 on the Axe Fx screen... I'm guessing you are not still on FW10? Just thought I'd mention it

Back
Top Bottom