Newbie question

Axeverse

My first and newbiest question I guess !
I use my new Axe-fx II XL+ (pheww) essentially with pluging the guitar in "Instrument" and my phones in "Phones"

My problem is the output level in the phones ! it's LOUD ! I need to turn "output1" near to "0"
to have something acceptable to my ears
I'd like to have the same level when it's "bypass" and when it's not.

Sorry for my bad English, don't hesitate to tell me how to do it better ;)

Strange. When I use phones I have OP 1 fully up - and its still not always loud enough. It does depend on the sensitivity of your phones though.

I use a Sennheiser HD380pro if this can help...?
Not sure how close to "0" you have it.
I use the Axe strictly with headphones and keep it generally around 7 and 8 o'clock.
Go into the global page, page 2 and make sure the "gain" slider" is not too high.
You could always reduce the overall volume there.
I use Sennheiser M50s.

The 380's have a 54-Ohm impedance .The output level in the PHONES jacks should NOT be taking your head off with those phones.
Is this on all presets, or specific ones?
Have you checked global EQ levels, or the output level on your presets?

I only have that engine for 3 days and having unfortunately experienced a big blast to my ears in the past with a PodXT all the way up, I'm now very careful !
Output1 is set near 7 o'clock which is comfy with almost all the factory presets
But I have tested some (factory or extras from the internet) that hurts my ears.
If it's the rule, I'll do with it, but I thought that 5-6 (noon) for the common setup would be fine so the others will adapt ! it's not.
Or have I missed sthing ?

Seems like the headphones. I have to put the dial around 9 o'clock to be loud enough.

Back
Top Bottom