Newbie question - scenes

Chuckk

Hello I just pickup up a used FX8. I'm new so excuse my ignorance. I'd like to use 1 preset and switch between 4 scenes instantly with a SINGLE foot switch tap. I use the bottom row for instant scene selections. If I do this - of course I can't switch all 8 effects with foot switches and still have scenes available - because the "s#" are showing on the bottom row of foot switches. -Any ideas on a better way to do a SINGLE click between scenes and still have access to all 8 effects. ? Is there a way to use my setting but still access the bottom row (of less used) effects even if that took an additional click like in Helixs Mode ?

You've only got 8 buttons so what you describe is not possible without changing modes with an F switch

In FX8 edit, go to the footswitch tab and assign 1-4 to the appropriate scene. You'll have to decide which effects you want as you only get four then. Thats the only way I know but maybe someone knows a better way. I dont think you can do what your asking.

The way I have mind set up is I have the bottom four buttons assigned to each of the 4 scenes I want. Within each scene there are different effects on or off, x or y, and different midi messages being sent to my amp. Compression I use is on in every thing so I don't need to assign that effect to a button, same goes for wah, I have it assigned to the expression pedal, so again no need for a button to be assigned to it. It's easiest in the FX8 edit so you can see what you have on or off in each scene and what you can see assigned to each button.

Thanks mates helpful suggestions! Got it going - works great sounds great

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom